Chapter 2

10 years later

Arnav POV

I felt that I will soon find her. I will cry at her feet and beg for her mercy. I will erase all of my crimes but it was as if destiny was playing hide n seek with me.

I was not able to find her for 10 years. I know that someone of my family was behind this otherwise I am sure I would have known about her sooner. I always had my doubts on NK

He was Khushi's best friend . But I never found anything related to him when I searched.

As years went by I became a recluse
gradually drifting away from my family knowing that they had a part in Khushi's departure as well. Main reason was that I know I was the main culprit and there is no use of blaming others it was my own fault.
I wanted to live as khushi lived those six months without love of family.

I don't know how I reached the café.
I have been glued to the same place since morning.
2 days ago Aman told me that Khushi had been found in Cannada I caught the earliest flight and reached there as soon as possible.

Aman told me that khushi owns a small cafe. He had file about her,but I refused to read it. I don't want to know if she has moved on, I felt as it I won't be able to keep my sanity if she had. I couldn't bring myself to read the file so I just kept it on my desk and drived straight to the café.
It was 6 am the cafe was closed shut. But I sat in my car across the road, drifting into the memories of yesteryears.

10 years back

His life took a 180 turn.

They say that you realise the value of a person only after they have left is true.

He was shocked he wanted to go after her,ask her forgiveness, to bring her back but his legs were not supporting him he stood rooted to the spot. He wanted to cry but he couldn't.He had a tiny hope that this was a prank played by Khushi in order to punish him and his Khushi was in their house in RM.

With new found hope he entered RM and rushed towards his room there was no sight of Khushi, not by pool side as well.

He opened the wardrobe,her clothes, her jewellery was still there he realised that she had just taken some of her things like her mother's payal and left everything here it was like a taunt to Arnav who always called her a gold digger.

He realised that his Khushi has really left him.

He got out of his room and saw his Di approaching him, she was asking him about something but he just stood their motionless.

Chotte ? Anjali called again seeing her brother spacing out. The look in her Chotte's eyes frightened her.
She took a step back, they were empty without any spark without any determination the same eyes that looked into her once, when they lost their parents
The emptyness was horrifing.

Why Di?
Her chotte asked her why did you do this to me.
Anjali was shocked, his words reflected pain.

She left me Di, she left me, my Khushi left me taking all my happiness away.
The whole family was shocked at the declaration they never thought that Khushi will leave their Arnav who she loves so dearly.

Why didn't you believe me Di when I told you about Shyam. Don't you believe me ?
But you still called her names.

Each and everything that happened, be it the marriage or any decision it was taken by Me. But it was Khushi that was always tormented and taunted.
Why this behaviour, I can't even blame you guys cause I know that you must be treating her the way I did.
I proclaimed to love her but never treated her right.
I was the biggest culprit the Rakshas that forcefully married her just for 6 months binding her in a contract marriage.

What are you saying Chotte? his Nani asked.

And Arnav proceeded to tell them the truth of Diwali night, Shyam and contract marriage.

As days went by everyone in RM still couldn't process that their Khushi had left them.
The members remembered the instances as they had degraged,wounded and shouted at the girl.

They had abused her so much that she had reached her breaking point and left them but taking their Arnav's soul along with her

The great ASR had become a shell of himself Khushi's parting had worsen his workholic nature. His only motive was to search Khushi. And the remaining time he used to spend at AR . He had even stopped stepping into RM, as it brought the memories of Khushi. He had distanced himself from the family that he loved so much the entire RM was suffering in guilt looking for ways to redeem themselves.

He didn't even come to see his Di's Rajkumari.
Anjali has named her daughter Muskan hoping that she will bring a slight smile on her Chotte's face but he even refused to look at the baby. The baby about whom his Chotte had so many dreams of .

Arnav had stopped taking care of his health. Numerous times he was hospitalized due to neglect in medicines.
Anjali knew that her brother was trying to punish himself but this method was punishing her and the entire family as well.

They could not see their Chotte's condition. She prayed for Khushi to come back in her brother's life.
But not all prayers are answered,
Everytime.