12

This is this the first time I've ever gotten to chapter 12 on a book I've written, I always end up giving up before I can reach double digits, so I'm pretty proud of myself. Hope you enjoy this short chapter.

-

Freddy looked down at their wrists that had the coloured bands on them, "This is our fate huh?"

"I don't believe in fate," Jay said as he took the lighter out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" He asked, referring to the lighter.

Jay shrugged, "Found it."

Freddy raised an eyebrow but decided not to question it.

"Why do we even need a lighter?" Freddy asked, seeming to know hardly anything about these types of bonds.

"You didn't do any research after found out that you had pigminitis?"

"No..."

"Ok, well luckily for both of us, I did. We have to burn the wristbands next to a river, hence why we are here right now."

"Why? I thought we were here just so we could be more in private. Why do we have to burn them?"

Jay sighed, "If we don't we will be doomed, we will be cursed. If we do this the way I'm trying to do it, we will live a happy life. Now are you ready?" He rolled his eyes and looked into the distance.

"Yes."

Freddy took a deep breath, holding his arm out, as Jay brought the lighter near the paper.

Freddy yanked his arm back, "No way you're doing that! You're meant to take it off first, I want to keep my arm!"

"God, will you just let me do this? I did my research, it's not supposed to be taken off your wrist, it seals the bond, it won't burn your arm off. Remember, we can't get injured."

"Oh yeah.. sorry." He sighed, extending his arm again, "Just make it quick."

Jay nodded, holding the lighter out once again, now getting close enough to burn the paper.

They both watched in amazement as the wristband lit on fire. If he was a normal human, he would have burns on his wrist. But he wasn't, his life had changed so fast and nobody even knew.

As the last of the wristband fell to the ground, Freddy looked at his wrist with wide eyes, as did Jay.

There was a small swirl symbol on his wrist that seemed to be glowing.

-

I'm trying to make this book more interesting but idk how I'm doing lol.