11

The next day, as Jay sat in English, he stared at the back of Freddy's head.

He was contemplating his options. He could keep stalking Freddy for the rest of the day and continue to think about what he should do, or he could finally talk to Freddy, and discuss what they're gonna do.

He acts like he doesn't care, but he does. He doesn't want to die, and he has been feeling really sick lately. He knows it's because of the bond, but has been too stubborn to accept it.

His sister coming out got him thinking, what does he have to hide? His parents are ok with it. That's the only thing that matters, right?

His peers might be against it, but it's not like he had a choice. It's either get picked on or Freddy and himself die.

He softened his gaze, realising what he needs to do, even if it wasn't in his best interest.

He waited until class was over to talk to Freddy.

He took a breathe, and called out his name. Freddy turned around, looking around to see who called his name, but when he saw Jay standing there, he quickly turned around, walking away as fast as he could.

Jay furrowed his eye brows, " I thought he wanted to talk to me..."

He quickly ran after him, grabbing his arm.

"What do you want?" He mumbled, trying hard to avoid eye contact.

"I just want to talk... about us." He sighed.

This caught Freddy's attention, he looked Jay in the eyes, "What do you mean? I thought you would rather die than be with me." Jay could the sadness in Freddy's voice.

"I did.. but then the situation became real and I realised how stupid I was being. I did some thinking, and I want to try."

"Ok, we'll I have to get to class, we can talk later." Freddy began walking away.

"Wait!" Jay reaches out, grabbing Freddy's arm again, "I don't want to talk later. I want to do it now." He knew that if he had to wait a while to connect, he would get in his own head and he would back out.

"But I have to get to class."

"Skip," Freddy looked at Jay as if he was out of his mind, "Please, just this one time."

Freddy took a deep breath. He didn't want to talk to Jay, but really, what harm could be done. He doesn't want to skip, but he's never missed a class. Surely missing one lesson won't matter towards his report?

"Fine," he sighed.

Jay released a sigh of relief, dragging Freddy out of the building, and around to the back of the school, where there was a river.

Freddy suddenly stopped and pulled his arm out of Jay's grip, "Wait, we're connecting? I thought we were just gonna talk."

"Oh... when I said talk, I meant connect. What would there be to talk about?"

"I don't know!" Freddy yelled.

"You don't want to?"

"No, it's not that, it's just... Nevermind, let's do this."