8

A week has passed since Freddy found out who his soulmate was and he was getting sicker by the day. He could bet his money that Jay was feeling the exact same way, but is too stubborn and still believes he would rather get so sick that he dies, than be with Freddy.

Freddy has been trying to talk to Jay everyday, but Jay just insults him and says things like "Get away from me faggot."

Today is the day that Freddy has had enough. He is going to make sure that he talks to Jay and actually gets his point through.

He arrives at school, jumping out of the car.

"Hey, what's the rush?" Vivian asked and Freddy Quickly grabbed his bag, about to slam the door.

"Nothing, just have to talk to someone about an assignment. I can see them now and don't want to lose sight of them. Bye!" Before Vivian had the chance to reply, Freddy slammed the door, and ran off.

Vivian rolled her eyes, "Damn kids" and drove off.

As Freddy neared Jay, he looked around, making sure no one was around. Jay was nicer to him and more willing to talk to him when they were alone.

"Jay wait!" Freddy yelled out.

Jay turned out, eyes turning to disgust when he saw it was Freddy. "What the fuck do you want?" He said in distaste.

"I just want to talk to you... about us."

Jay's eye got darker, "Us? What us? I hate you and I always will. There is no us!"

Freddy was beginning to have enough, "Stop lying to yourself! We are soulmates and I know you're in pain but are just too stupid to admit it. What's so bad about me that you'd rather die than be with me? Is it because I'm a faggot? Well that's called internalised homophobia. If being gay is what you're afraid of, then it will take time but don't kill yourself and me to avoid it!"

Jay was left wide eyed. The truth is, he was in pain, but he'd been too stubborn to think anything of it. Now that he was thinking about it, the pain was a lot worse than he thought, but he still didn't want to accept that he'd been put with a male.

"We're young. We have our whole lives ahead of us. If you ignore this, you're just giving into death. You don't like losing do you? Well show it that you don't lose. Show it that you aren't going to lose by dying. You're going to live your life to the fullest. You may think that isn't possible, being with a male, but I can help, ok? I can help you get over your homophobia, because I promise being gay isn't some horrible thing, you just need to be introduced to new things and open your mind."

Jay was avoiding Freddy's eyes, not wanting to give in and let him help.

Jay had listened to everything he said and taken it in, but when someone is stuck in the mind and stuck to their opinions, it's hard to change them.

This wasn't going to stop Freddy. He wasn't going to let himself die because of someone else's idiocy

When Freddy failed to connect his eyes with Jay, Freddy just sighed, "Think about it.. please" he said, walking towards to entry of the school, Jay's eyes staring at him until he disappeared behind the door and into the school.