9

I think I just really wanted to make a book with a shameless character... lol. So here's Jay.

-

The whole day had passed, Jay was at home now, watching his sister fiddle nervously in the middle of the living room, not realising Jay had noticed her. He wondered what she looked so nervous for.

Freddy's words were still swirling around his head. He knew Freddy was right, but he was just too stubborn to admit it. He was sick, and did want Freddy's company, but was scared about what his community would think, which is stupid to him.

He ran a hand through his dark hair, thinking about how he needs a haircut soon. It was getting a bit too long for his liking.

"Mum, dad, can you please come here." His sister, Indie suddenly called from the living room.

She was looking at the carpet below her feet, taking keep breathes.

What could possibly get her so nervous? She's never like this...

"Yes sweetie?" Jay's mum called from the kitchen, as she made her way over to the living area with their father.

"I have something to tell you."

His mum and dad sat down on the couch, looking at her expectantly, Jay turned around in his bar chair, also becoming anxious.

Once she had everybody's attention, she spoke again, "I know you guys won't like to hear this, but it's not my fault."

She took a deep breathe, then cleared her throat.

"I'm..." she paused and her hands began shaking, the started looking around at us in a panicked matter.

"I'M GAY AND I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" She suddenly shouted, then covered her mouth with her hands. Tears started to swell up in her eyes, threatening to fall.