As he left, he thought of how Jimin easily passed the exams despite everything and felt slightly envious. He shook the envious thought away once he arrived in front of the boy's hostel. He had opted to stay in campus because it was cheap and closer to his department. He found his room and knocked on the door. A handsome boy with big eyes and bunny teeth opened the door and peered closely at him.

"Kim Taehyung?" He asked.

Taehyung nodded his head and the other boy made way for him looking at him intently. Taehyung paused in the middle of the room. He was already impressed by what he was seeing. The room was neatly arranged and on one side of the room was a neatly made bed, and a shelf well packed with books, awards and trophies.

His roommate beamed as he moved close to him.

"Hello...my name is Jungkook, nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too!" Taehyung murmured, his eyes lingering on those awards and trophies piled up on the shelf.

"Are all these yours?" He asked turning to Jungkook with a solemn look on his face.

Jungkook grinned. "Yeah, I take great pride in them" He said before casually walking up to the shelf and pulling out a trophy.

"See this? Won this in middle grade. It was a mathematics competition. I took home the award!"

He pointed at another trophy. "That was a science fair project trophy. I got second but i didn't feel bad about that. The following year, I entered the competition again and won it"

Taehyung listened as Jungkook rambled on about his trophies. Watching how the other's eyes sparkled, Taehyung realized he wasn't being boastful. It just seemed to give him joy talking about his achievements.

"What year are you?" Jungkook asked.

"First year, architecture department!"

"Wow! Me too!" Jungkook said cheerfully.

"Looks like we'll not only be roommates but class mates as well.  I'm really looking forward to it"

Taehyung grinned. "You have no idea!"

This was what Taehyung needed. A serious minded person, determined towards his goals. He  didn't need him to be like a certain someone. If he had been unfortunate to have someone like Jimin as his roommate, he would have immediately changed his room but he was very satisfied with how things worked out in his favor. With how things were, he was very sure Jungkook was going to be his new best friend.

"We need to have a good night sleep today. I heard that the seniors at Architecture department are really harsh and they are going to find any opportunity to pick on the new students so if we dare show up late tomorrow for the orientation, our asses will be on the line"

Taehyung wasn't about to take any chances. He was determined to live a stress free life in this college so abiding to the rules and regulations wasn't a problem at all. The two got acquinted with each other. They had a lot in common so it wasn't difficult for them to get along. The next morning, they woke up early and headed to the department together.

On arrival, there weren't many people. It was cumpolsory for the first years at Architecture department to have their orientation so with time, they started to arrive.

Before 8' am many of the seniors and department heads had already arrived at the hall. They were waiting till eight sharp before beginning the orientation. Several students who were late were scolded and humiliated by the seniors. When they were sure everyone was present, they were about to begin when a figure lazily strolled in sudddenly.

All eyes turned to the figure at the door. Taehyung's eyes widened because he knew who that person was. He sighed heavily. It turns out that the one he had been avoiding all along happened to also be in the same department as. Jungkook instantly noticed his behavior.

"Do you know him?"

Taehyung waved it aside. "It doesn't matter if I know him or not" He muttered.

A tall senior walked over to Jimin who was about to sit down.

"Hold it right there!"

Jimin looked up at the senior and smirked.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you hard of hearing?" The senior yelled. Jimin scoffed and stayed still eyeing the senior up and down as he stood in his face.

"What's your name?"

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Park Jimin!"

"Now Mr Park Jimin, can you tell me what the time is?"

"Eight!" Jimin added dryly.

"Just eight?" The senior said with a frown.

Jimin sighed audibly. "Ten minutes past eight"

The senior sneered. "Good, I'm sure you have read your hand book Mr Park...."

"No I didn't....I wasn't given one..."

The crowd burst into giggles causing the senior to turn red in the face but he didn't stop.

"I see.... surely, your fellow students must have...."

Jimin cut him off "No one told me anything. When I came here, I went to my dorm, had a few drinks and met some really interesting people...."

He flirted with the crowd with his eyes causing some girls to giggle within themselves and some guys to start praising him silently. Taehyung rolled his eyes pitying this senior brother in his heart. Bullying Park Jimin was something that could never be achieved. He had witnessed this so many times.

Jimin continued. "I had a pretty nice time before I headed back to my dorm. In all those times, no one told me a thing about the hand book"

He was obviously lying but no one could prove he was. The senior clenched his fist tightly looking at Jimin who seemed as confident as ever.

"You...you..."

"Namjoon! It's fine let it go!" One of the seniors with an average height, a small stature and clear white skin said loudly.

The senior Namjoon gritted his teeth about to say something but the other just shook his head at him and turned to Jimin.

"You are too over confident young man. I hope it doesn't cause you to have problems here"

His tone was cold and his eyes turned dark once he said those words. Everyone could feel goosebumps but it faded when his face broke into a cute smile.

"Have a seat. I hope you don't repeat this habit again"

Jimin nodded gravely and sat while Namjoon walked back to the other still seething with anger.

"Who is that guy?" Jungkook asked, his eyes trained on Yoongi. His expression full of awe and amazement

"I think he's Min Yoongi, the department president" Taehyung said. He cringed when he noticed how Jungkook was worshipping the senior with his eyes. Not good because before attending this college, he had done a bit of investigation. During that time, he heard a rumour that Min Yoongi wasn't at all what he seemed to people in public. He was more like Jimin maybe worse. It was better for Jungkook not to fall for his innocent and heroic aura.

As he thought about this, he suddenly felt uncomfortable so he turned his head and sure enough caught Jimin's eyes. The other was staring at him so intensely but Taehyung pulled his eyes away and instead, focused his gaze a few seats away were Jiyeon sat with her friends radiating an angelic aura from were she was. Right! He should also focus on how to finally talk to her and just like that, Jimin was easily erased from his mind.

For now though! Thank you all for reading. Lots of love