Chapter 3

I was stocking shelves when I heard the sound of shattering glass from a couple aisles over.

"Shit"

I rolled my eyes. Another stupid customer, I thought as I walked toward the noise.

When I walked into the aisle, the first thing I saw was the broken picture frame. But it didn't take me long to notice the person looking down at the shattered wood and glass.

She had long red hair that curled as it flowed down her back. She wasn't exactly skinny but not overweight either. Athletic might be the word for it.

She looked at me and I looked at her.

"Don't worry," I said,"I'll clean it up."

"You better." I had moved to go and get some cleaning supplies but that stopped me in my tracks. I turned to look at her .

"Excuse me," I said.

"You heard me ," she looked at my name tag,"Steph is it?" My face flushes and an electric shock goes through my chest. I felt my temples throb as my blood boils.

"You guys shouldn't stock the shelves so full. Things can get knocked off so easily."

My anger burned hotter and my chest got tighter. Just who did she think she was? For the sake of my job, I kept my temper but just barely.

"Is there anything else I can help you with," I asked.

"No I think I'm done now and you need to get busy," she said while turning to walk away.

Did that really just happen, I thought . I bent down and started to clean up the glass. Then I happened to look up. She might have had a horrible attitude but there was no denying those swinging hips.