3

Yoongi feels the car stop and looks up from his 3DS just to see his mother yet again yelling into her phone frustratingly. The young boy sighs and unbuckles his seatbelt, getting out of his car and watches as his mother drives off without another word. He swallows hard and opens his 3DS once again, walking along the path to get into the daycare.

When he steps in, the familiar daycare smell hits him, and he has to refrain a smile from appearing on his face. He steps up to the sign-in sheet, not looking up from his game until he finally beats a level and is able to pause. When he looks up, he gasps slightly.

He's never seen this guy before. Golden skin, warm brown eyes, soft-looking black hair.

He wasn't Jin. That was for sure.

Yoongi swallowed hard and looked around as if he was searching for something. The man at the desk tilted his head slightly in confusion as he looks at Yoongi.

"Excuse me little guy, but where're your parents?" The man asks, and Yoongi narrows his eyes as he and tries to scowl. But his lips end up just forming a pouty looking face.

"I'll tell you where my parents are if you tell me where Jin-hyung is." He says, and the new caretaker was taken slightly aback. Luckily, Seokjin was just heading back to the front desk when he notices Yoongi. He smiles and waves at the young one. Yoongi rushes to Seokjin's side, hugging his leg and pointing at the new man.

"Seokjinnie, this man is trying to take your place!" He says like it was a legitimate warning, but both Seokjin and the new male look at each other before laughing softly.

"Yoongi, are you signing yourself in again?" Seokjin asked, picking the young boy up and holding him in his arms. Yoongi clutches close to Seokjin and gives the other man a cat look as he speaks.

"Yeah. Mommy had to go to work early today." He says, and Seokjin nods. He holds Yoongi in front of the sign-in sheet playfully, ignoring the way Yoongi shot the newest caretaker a dirty look. Once he was done, he clings back to Seokjin and allows the mother-like figure to take him to the rec room where the rest of his friends sit and play Jenga in a circle. Seokjin sets Yoongi down and allows the eldest of all the kids to play with them, smiling as Hoseok gives him a warm welcome.

Seeing all the kids here, Seokjin knew it was finally time to address the sore thought on everyone's mind.

"Okay, guys," Seokjin calls out, and the kids look at him immediately. Although, it was in the middle of Taehyung's turn and the tower falls. Seokjin hears a small cry of sadness, but it doesn't last long as he too pays attention.

"I know you all saw him, but you were never formally introduced-" Jungkook raises his hand.

"Formally means officially, Kookie."

Jungkook lowers his hand.

"Guys, I would like you all to meet the newest addition to our team," Seokjin said, butterflies in his stomach just saying the words. And only for saying the words. Not that he thought the newest addition to the team was hot or anything. "Everyone, this is Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon walks through the door upon hearing his name, looking at each of the kids one by one with a soft smile on his face. The first child to say anything was Jimin who pointed right at one of the dimples on Namjoon's cheek.

"Jinnie, look! His face does that indent thingy!" Jimin exclaims, causing both Seokjin and Namjoon to chuckle light-heartedly.

"You're right Jimin. That's called a dimple." Seokjin explains, and he could see Jimin store that new information into his bank of words.

Seokjin licks his lips, looking at Namjoon for a second before looking back to the children, getting an idea.

"Ah! I believe we all need to get to know Namjoon a little better, yeah? So, let's play a game." Seokjin says, and the kids all excitedly hop out of their chairs and crowd Seokjin. The eldest male chuckles and ruffles their heads of hair, motioning everyone to move towards the bean bags. Seokjin and Namjoon sit in the bean bags while the children sit on the floor.

Except for Jungkook, who sits on Seokjin's lap like it was a seat in itself.

"Okay. This is simple. Namjoon will state six things about himself, and then we'll go around restating his facts. The only thing is you can't repeat a fact someone has already said." Seokjin explains, and all the kids nod in understanding at the rules. Namjoon's cheeks flush a soft red seeing all the eyes on him now. He glances at Seokjin, who gives him a subtle smile and looked at him with fond eyes.

Namjoon takes in a deep breath and thinks for a second. What was interesting about him? He liked music but so did a lot of other people. Oh!

"I enjoy writing my own songs." He says, hoping the first fact would at least spark some interest. To his luck, Yoongi's head shot up and truly paid attention. That was a nice confidence boost.

"I... also enjoy..."

~~~~~

Jimin yawns as his mother picks him up, tiredly smiling at Seokjin and waving at both the caretakers sweetly.

"Bye Jimin. See you tomorrow." Namjoon says, and Jimin giggles, but his eyes are quickly closed and he lets out his last breath before he's out cold.

Jimin's mother thanks the two for their services before leaving and Seokjin turns the sign from hello! We're open! , to sorry, we're closed. He lets out a soft sigh and turns but then is met by Namjoon, who is looking down at him fondly.

"Hey," Namjoon says, voice smoother than Seokjin remembered. He swallows hard and does his best to suppress a blush.

"H-hey." He utters out, wishing he could slap himself for stuttering. But he didn't want to look like a psychopath in front of Namjoon yet. They haven't gotten to know each other well yet.

"Just wanted to say," He started, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he looked Seokjin up and down slyly. Not sly enough though. Seokjin felt his face flush a bit. "Thanks again for giving me the job."

Seokjin takes in a deep breath before nodding, smiling up at Namjoon.

"Of course. I appreciate you signing up." He says, slithering away from the close and suffocating proximity with Namjoon and escapes to the front desk, sorting out papers that were already sorted. Namjon walks over and leans on the other side of the desk, fond eyes watching Seokjin's every move. "The kids have grown quickly fond of you. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition to the team." Seokjin says with a smile. Namjoon smiles back, a close-lipped smile that showed off his dimples so well.

Seokjin drops his gaze.

He's not catching feelings for someone he's just met. He's been single long enough to know who was good for him and who wasn't. He was just having a really hard time figuring out what was bad about Namjoon to give him a good reason to stay away.

"You think so? I'm glad I can be a part of it." He said, then noticing papers on the countertop and grabbing a few, looking them over. "What's this?" He asks, showing the paper to Seokjin curiously.

Oh, the other had grabbed the suggestions paper. Seokjin smiled fondly.

"That's the suggestion paper. I allow the kids to make suggestions for activities we should do. It's been getting a little dry lately." He admits with a nervous laugh, waving it off. "It's alright though. If they don't want anything, I won't force them to." He says, going back to his unnecessary organization. Namjoon looks back at the list, seeing plenty of things crossed off, but not a lot more written down. He thinks for a second before grabbing a pen.

Suddenly, a phone goes off, and Seokjin jumps in surprise. Namjoon just got done writing something down before pulling out his phone, checking the caller. He smiles before looking at Seokjin waving.

"Ah, I have to go. Sorry, I'll stay to clean up completely tomorrow Seokjin-ssi." He says, putting his coat on and heading towards the door. Upon opening it though, Seokjin calls out.

"Namjoon," The younger male turns around, tilting his head slightly in confusion. Seokjin smiles. "It's just hyung."

Namjoon smiles.