1

Yes, this is a reupload from my old account which is now deleted.
No, this is not stolen.

Enjoy~
———

Seokjin lets out a soft sigh as he sweeps the last bit of dust off the floor and into the trash. He already felt sore despite doing little to almost nothing that morning. But it was like his body was ready for what was going to ensure. And in all honesty, it wasn't that bad.

Seokjin ran a small, unpopular daycare in Seoul. Bangtan Daycare was what he called it, and he loved it with his life. Ever since he was a kid, he just liked helping other kids, making them happy and such. And when he was a teenager, he was considered one of the best babysitters around. Kids loved him, parents loved him, and he loved them. So, he spent a lot of money to open up a daycare. As long as he met the required criteria to use it, he could keep it open. Have at least one staff member available to the kids at all times, have at least 5 registered kids for the daycare, and keep the building in healthy conditions.

All by himself, Jin has been able to meet these criteria and he couldn't be happier. The first week of opening, he had 5 parents sign their kids up for the daycare. Jin thought that was only the start of a booming daycare, but he hasn't even seen another parent walk in since his last sign-up. He didn't mind. He had the best kids to work with, and he wouldn't trade them for the world.

He walked up to the door, taking in a deep breath before switched the sign from 'sorry, we're closed' to 'hello! We're open!' and smiled. His day was only just beginning now. Soon the kids will come in and he'll have to work hard again.

<~~~~>

Jin's head shot up when he heard the front doorbell ring as it opened. He shot out of his office chair and looked through his office window, seeing two mothers talking on phones while they held their sons' shoulders. Jin smiled at the two boys who's eyes sparkled seeing Jin.

"Jinnie!" Jimin said in a high pitched tone, his hands shooting into the air. Jin smiled and waved at him, looking back up at the women who signed the boys in. Once Jimin's mother signed him in, he ran into the playing area, reaching into the toybox and starting to pull out his favorite toys. The boy that was behind him, Taehyung, walks up a bit calmer, but his boxy smile still shines the room.

"Hey, Taehyung! Why did you and Jimin show up together?" He asked, allowing Tae's mom to sign him in before both of the women left the building. Tae looked up at him as the elder lead the other to where Jimin was. He thought about it for a second before looking at Jin.

"My mommy was talking with my daddy, and then she took me and called Jimin's mommy. Then Jimin's mommy showed up and took me and my Mommy here!" He said. Jin wasn't able to really decipher what the other was trying to tell him considering it was a bit confusing, but as long as the young boy came to the daycare in good condition, then Jin wasn't going to worry terribly much.

Jimin ran up to them and held up his two favorite toys. A plush Tata and a Chimmy. Jin smiled.

"Jinnie! Taetae! Play with me!" He said happily, and Tae quickly let go of Jin's hand to play with Jimin. Jin watched them with fond eyes as he told Jimin he'll play with them later. Eventually, he actually would, but he had a few things to get done. Like bills, and requests, and making snacks for the kids. They loved Jin's cooking, especially his special snacks.

Jin just finished filling out some paperwork before the door opened and the jingle of the bell sounded. Jin barely caught a glimpse of the kid before they ran to the room Jimin and Taehyung were in. He looked at the man signing the boy in. The male looked up and smiled, and that was when Jin knew who sprinted across.

"Sorry, he's still super energetic despite it being so early." Mr. Jung said, sounding rather nervous. Jin smiled up at him and shook his head, waving it off dismissively.

"Please don't worry Mr. Jung. Kids will be kids. Besides, Hoseok is a great boy." He said and the other male smiled happily as he finished signing Hoseok in. He waved as he threw his backpack straps over his shoulders and heading back out the door. Jin stood, stretching and getting the blood flowing through his legs again before going back to the kids, who were all jumping around each other. The younger kids really like Hoseok. The kid was like a ray of sunshine that lit up any room he went to. Sometimes it was a wonder how kids could be so happy all the time, but some people were just optimistic like that.

Unlike the next kid that walked in.

It wasn't the parent that signed this one in. But it was instead a small black-haired boy with a cold look of his face. Jin went to the front and looked towards the door for a second before looking down at the child.

"Yoongi? Is your mom not here to sign you in?" He asked in a concerned tone. Yoongi finished his sign in and looked up at Jin with an expressionless face.

"No. She said she didn't have time to sign me in. So she just told me to do it myself." He said his voice with no emotion in it. Jin knew the other wasn't completely emotionless or pessimistic as they let on. Jin was going to get the other to talk about it one day, but he isn't too worried. The other has a lot of fun with the other kids once he finally loosens up. Especially with Hoseok. If Jin had any romantic experience, he would probably say the elder kid had a crush on the ray of sunshine. But Jin had no clue.

Jimin runs up to Jin's office, a large smile on his face. The type that made his eyes practically disappear. It made Jin want to smile too. Literally.

"Jinnie! Can you come to play with us now?" He asked, his voice sweet and soft despite its loud volume. Jin checked his watch, making sure he would back in his office for any new visitors.

"Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok... yup! He won't be here until later, so I can play." Jin said, and Jimin cheered right before grabbing the elder's hand and pulling him to where they were playing. Jin wasn't sure when they had turned on the TV and started playing Overwatch, but he was given a controller and sat down on a bean bag.

"Jin-Hyung, can you please get rid of the enemy widowmaker? She's super good!" Tae whined, and Seokjin rolled his eyes, but he started playing the game. He was actually getting really into it (enjoying the praise he was getting from everyone when he got a kill), so into it that he didn't notice when Jungkook walked in. It was when he was killed by the enemy widowmaker for the 10th time that Jungkook chimed in.

"Can I try, Hyung?" He asked, his sweet voice startling Jin. The elder jumped, looking at Jungkook. He noticed the boy's mother in the doorway, waving at Jin. Jin smiled and waved back, allowing the woman to leave knowing that she signed in. Jin looked back at Jungkook, processing the words before nodding and sitting up from the bean bag. He handed Jungkook the controller and left the room. Not before hearing several cheers at the fact that Jungkook finally killed the enemy and won the game. Seokjin smiled.

He did a headcount. Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook. Yup, those were all the kids registered for Seokjin's daycare. He didn't mind. He loved all of them like they were his own family. Considering they kinda were in a way. Seokjin never had a close connection with his parents like he always wanted. All he could really remember that stuck with him was how his mother always told him to be kind to others despite the age. And he remembers his father's awful sense of human, but that wasn't super important.

"Great, everyone is here." He said, looking back at his watch. He'll wait a bit. He didn't have to start any activities right then and there. Besides, he could make the kids their snacks and think of fun ideas while they played the game.

Seokjin let out a sigh, but not one of frustration or hardship. But rather one of just peacefulness. This was the environment he loved being in.

And he wouldn't change it for anything.

————
If you have a scenario you would like to see these lovely boys in, feel free to give suggestions in the form of a question.

Ex) What if the kids played hide and seek with the caretakers?

Stay sweet, stay safe, have Mercy (hey, that's me!). ♡