- 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙙 -

I can hear his guitar from outside, holy shit.

I stand on Chris's porch, hands stuffed in my pockets as the fall breeze blows through the air. I can hear him striking his guitar, the amp as loud as possible. I shift my bass around that hangs on my back, waiting for him to open the door. Instead of knocking for the second time I just walk in, the sound of the guitar hitting my ears. I unzip my jacket, making my way into his room. He doesn't notice me at first, giving me a moment to study him. His fingers dance across the fret board, head hanging down so his hair falls over his eyes into a mop of brown locks. He's wearing a color block t-shirt, paired with blue boxers. I laugh at the sight, sliding the heavy bass case off my back. He notices me, jumping slightly.

"Did I scare you?" I taunt, hoping onto his bed. He gives me a warm smile and slides off his guitar. "Hey, hey" he says, meeting my eyes. A long silence draws as my eyes work their way down to his boxers. "Nice outfit, sad that you aren't wearing your superman boxers though" I tease, sliding my over sized jean jacket off. He blushes, quickly finding his jeans. He slips them on as the belt clinks, his hair falling into a mop again. "Did you end up finishing that bass line?" he asks, zipping up his pants. I nod, laying down on the soft mattress. "Yeah, not sure I how feel about the end though" I reply, watching him as he leans over the end of the bedframe and looks at me Spider-Man style. His mop of hair tickles my face a little, the both of us smiling wide. "What bout' you?" I add, my voice lowering to a mutter in the small space between us.

He leans back up, traveling to his guitar. He slides it back over his shoulder, quickly checking the amp. I sit back up, watching him fool around with the tuning for a moment. "Yeah I finished mine...except it's all from memory because I don't know how to write music, but you already knew that" he says with a weak smile. "I don't know, I think it should be fine" I assure, letting him show me his work. He hangs his head down, guitar noises filling the crowded room. I watch his fingers delicately dance around, a grunge sound coming from the guitar. He stops after a little, looking at me. I can feel his gaze on me as I stare off into space, a smirk on my face.

"What's that look for?" he teases, setting his guitar down. I stir out of my daydream, smiling. "Oh nothing, it was good. It will definitely fit well with what I wrote" I reply, patting the bed beside me. He throws himself down on the bed beside me, laughing quietly. I look at him, his eyes studying me. A long silence draws, a comfortable silence between us. "You're really good" I compliment in a low tone, a pink color filling my cheeks. He blushes, shying away from my look. "I'm not amazing, like David, David is great but I'm just-" he starts, slowly dropping his shoulders. "I'm not talking about David, I'm talking about you" I cut him off quickly, leaning in playfully. He smiles again.

"I know I invited you over to practice...but- how do I word this- I wanted to- ask?- yeah, ask you something" he stutters, his hands becoming shaky. I knit my eyebrows, tilting my head down to look at him. Me and him lay back on his bed, starring at posters on his ceiling. A long pause stops him, his mouth opening and closing in hesitation. "Chris, you okay?" I ask, hoisting myself up on my arm. He stares at me, looking at me up and down. He doesn't answer, his mouth not sure how to word it. His eyes meet mine, his gaze faltering to my lips. He bites his bottom lip slightly, gaze moving to my eyes again. I smile to myself, knowing exactly what he's about to say. He starts to speak, my finger quickly stopping his lips.

I lean in, kissing his cheek. "I like you too" I whisper to him, laying back down. He smiles from ear to ear, his cheeks a deep red. "How did you..." he start to ask, my laugh quickly cutting him off. "Chris, you aren't exactly top secret about it. I mean, you wrote a song about me" I giggle, turning my face toward his. "Okay, you're right" he shoots back, in turn hoisting himself up on an arm. His eyes trail all over me, a hand running through his mid-length brown hair. "So does that mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" he asks quietly. I hoist myself up again, coming eye to eye with him. "Yes" I chuckle, leaning my head against his shoulder. I can feel a finger latch under my chin, moving my head away from his shoulder.

Chris brings my face toward his, his warm breath against mine. He lingers for a moment, hesitating. "Chris" I say in almost a whisper. He licks his lips the slightest, our bodies growing closer and closer. He cups my face, pressing his nose against the side of mine. Just as I feel his top lip brushing against mine, his father storms into the house. I sigh, the loss of the anticipation killing me. He pulls away, his fathers footsteps drawing near the room. "In here" he mumbles with an eyeroll. His father steps in for a moment, quickly walking off when the phone goes off. So close. So fucking close. A silence draws and I look at him.

"What are you looking at?" he asks, laughing.

"Nothing..." I blush.