- 𝙏𝙚𝙙 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙤𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙜𝙖𝙣 -

"Theodore, can you tell me who Thomas Edison was?" Mr. Ryan asks ted.

I look over at Ted who sits in the desk beside me, a bewildered look on his face. He tilts his head, trying to think. "Yeah, he made trains!" Ted chimes, a smirk playing on his lips. I try to hold back a giggle, my hand flying to my mouth to cover the laugh. Mr. Ryan looks at Ted with a look of disappointment, Ted slowly dropping his head to look at his shoes. Poor Ted, Mr. Ryan knows Ted doesn't like to be called out on the spot. I watch as Bill try's to lift his spirits, cracking a couple jokes in a low whisper. My gaze falls on Ted, his large mop of a hair brushing over his face.

The bell stirs me out of my gaze, my legs standing up from the desk by muscle memory. I start to pack my history books into my backpack as the kids quickly filter out of the classroom. In the corner of my eye I can Mr. Ryan aside, speaking to him sternly. I eavesdrop, picking up snippets of the conversation. "Theodore, you are going to flunk high school if you don't try harder" Mr. Ryan says, leaning in close to Ted. "I know dude- Mr. Ryan- I'll try harder, I swear" Ted promises, the teacher waving him off. I zip-up my backpack, feeling sorry for Ted. He reunites with Bill, Bill giving him a playful punch on the shoulder. I follow them out of the classroom, heart heavy.

There must be some way I can help him. I am an all A's student, so surely I can help. I watch as the pair grow farther and farther away from me in the hall. A light bulb goes off in my head, my legs running down the hall. My breath hitches as I almost crash into them, scaring the two. They turn around, shocked at the sudden impale. "Sorry- Ted, right?" I huff between breaths. "Yeah, that's my name don't wear it out" he jokes, playfully crossing his arms. Bill and him share a look, quickly high-fiving at the joke. "Sorry for scaring you guys, I just couldn't help but hear Mr. Ryan talking to you after class, and I wanted to know if you wanted to study some time at my place" I speak quickly, heat racing at the thought of having a boy at my place. It's just Ted, it's not like he's some sexy football player. Well, he is cute.

Ted is taken back by comment, quickly scanning me up and down. "Aren't you that babe who gets like 100's on her projects?" he asks, smiling like a mad man. "Yeah, dude! that's her!" Bill adds, looking at Ted. My cheeks turn red, hands becoming sweaty. "Yeah, that's me- and 98's not 100" and I smile, shyly looking away. "Awesome, with your help I'll get the most excellent grades" he replies, my eyes meeting his. "So is that a yes?" I question, re-adjusting my backpack. He nods, letting me give him my address. "I'll see you soon, yeah?" I say, turning away. "Catch you later!" he calls out, the pair going their separate ways.

A giddy feeling pools in my stomach, nerves driving me crazy. This will be one hell of a study session.