chapter twenty seven

Start from the beginning

"Where's Sirius?" Harry demanded as the group stepped forward and I took a frightful step back. I had no idea what Harry was talking about and had no idea what I was going to do if a fight broke out. Rather than showing myself, I hid behind one of the shelves, slightly further back from the group however still able to hear and see what was going on.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams..." The man began, I recognized the voice instantly. "And reality." Lucius finished, removing his mask into smoke and taking slow steps towards Harry.

I felt sick to my stomach, not only because of how scared I was but because of the sight in front of me. What Harry said was true, Draco's father was a death eater. I had thoughts of whether or not to stick up to him. Surely, he wouldn't have harmed his sons girlfriend? But then again, he wouldn't approve of someone like me being with his only son.

"You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see." Lucius spat with a smirk. "Now, hand me the prophecy."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it." Harry quickly threatened. A high-pitched cackle appeared from behind Lucius, causing me to hide myself even further. Bellatrix walked out of the darkness and joined Lucius with a fierce grin on her face.

"He knows how to play!" Bellatrix smirked sarcastically. "Itty, bitty baby – Potter."

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Neville murmured, not to anyway in particular but as if he was coming to a realization.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's Mum and Dad?" Bellatrix asked sarcastically, knowing full well she had drove his parents to madness using the cruciatius curse.

"Better now that they're about to be avenged." Neville announced, bringing up his wand and pointing it at Bellatrix. Harry quickly stepped in front of Neville to stop him. I gasped and stepped back once again, feeling stupid for even offering to come along as I was clueless. Bellatrix pointed her wand back at Neville, completely unafraid.

"Now, everybody just calm down," Lucius began to bargain in a low voice. "Shall we? All we want is that prophecy." As Lucius spoke, more death eaters began to surround the group and I quickly felt extremely lucky that I'd hidden myself earlier. However, I had no clue how I was going to help them get out of this situation at all. "Haven't you always wondered what the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord was?" Lucius continued, stepping forward clearly attempting to manipulate Harry. "The answer is right there in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me and then I can show you everything."

Lucius was growing closer and closer to Harry and the prophecy, his hand raising until it was mere inches away. The group had no way of escaping at all as they were completely surrounded.

"I've waited all my life," Harry said in a low and calm voice. "I guess I can wait a little longer. NOW." He screamed as the whole group raised their wands at once.

"Stupefy." They all casted shooting the death eaters backwards. I began to run out of fear but soon realized I was running in the complete opposite direction of the others. I whined quietly as I took a quick left, then a quick right and soon realized every aisle looked exactly the same as the last and I had no idea where I was headed. I heard shouting, spells being casted and the smashing of multiple prophecies.

I began to slow down as I began to run out of breath, cursing Harry quietly under my breath as I was furious that he let me come here and I was furious that he hadn't thought to involve me with lessons, as now I was stuck in this mess with no way of protecting myself.

I heard footsteps come from behind me and I quickly turned around with my wand pointed. My body froze completely when my eyes lay on none other than Lucius Malfoy stood in front of me.