𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

The next time she had enough free days between shows she would fly to Los Angeles and tell Noah how she really felt. It didn't matter if she didn't have time for that, she would make time. More than ever she was determined to let Noah know how she felt.

💐💐💐

"You're not doing that!"

That's not what she expected to hear from her best friend when she called him to talk about her plan. He should have encouraged her to fly to Los Angeles as soon as possible and start her romantic life with her soulmate. But of course, Romeo had other ideas.

"Are you crazy? That's a bad idea, Penny. You agreed to wait and for a good reason. I have nothing against you telling him how you feel, I'm proud of you for that, but this isn't a good time for that," he said, making Penny roll her eyes.

"Every day is a perfect day for love," she sighed dramatically which he ignored. She thought about hanging up but honestly, she loved his inspirational speeches too much. He should start doing these for money for people who needed someone to destroy their hopes and dreams.

"What if he says that he loves you too? You will still have a world to travel while he waits at home. That's not how you want to remember the start of your relationship, right? That's not the story you will tell to my god-daughter. Say that I'm wrong and I will let you do whatever you want!"

She would rather destroy her career than let Romeo know that he was once again right. "God-daughter? You will let me?"

"You're gonna start something great with Noah and have gorgeous children with him. And the first-born is a girl who is my god-daughter and who I will also get the privilege to name. And don't get angry, I just meant that sometimes I know better what's good for you and that's why you always call me," he explained and she could almost see him smirking.

Despite almost arguing at the last part, Penny was almost having an emotional breakdown because she loved Romeo so much and Noah too but totally in a different way. "I don't know about the daughter but I do want to be with him. Seriously, not just hook-up. I'm screwed, what do I do?"

"Just remember that it's good that your feelings for him are getting stronger and you have found the one person who's gonna be with you on every step because what kind of a lunatic wouldn't love you? Just be a bit patient, even if you have never been good at that."

For some fucked up reason she smiled at the insult and decided that they had talked about her love-life enough. "What's up with you? Is this the week when you go to Kaman's family cottage? Just the two of you, some romantic and sexy-"

"Uh no, it got canceled because, well... his aunt died this morning," Romeo said in a strange voice. Sometimes he reminded Penny of a child who didn't fully understand what death meant. And she understood why. He was incredibly lucky that he never had to go to any funerals or go through the death of a loved one.

"What? You let me talk about that stupid jerkface an hour before you say that?" Penny couldn't believe what she was hearing. Because she didn't want to start screaming, she took a deep breath couple of times before talking again. "That's a bit harsh but are you alright?"

She had to call Kaman as soon as possible but she also knew how strange Romeo was with death and how anxious it got him so she had to make sure that he was alright too.

"It was nice to get something else to think about. I mean, I'm fine but it's just that, I met her many times because they were close. She is... was a lovely woman and it's sad to think that she's gone," Romeo answered.

"I'm so sorry, you knew her too. It sucks that we can't decide who goes next and when but it's part of life," Penny answered, knowing that she probably sounded like she talked to four years old but she had to make sure that he understood. This was the first time he experienced this and it was never easy no matter how old you were.

Romeo didn't answer and after waiting for the answer for about two minutes she had to ask about Kaman. "Have you talked with him after he told you?"

"Not gonna lie, it's pretty bad. I told him that I will go there but he told me not to. I get it, it's a family manner but I'm also worried. She was like a second mother to him," Romeo answered immediately and she could hear how much he hated not to be next to his boyfriend right now.

"I hate this. I hate thinking that one of my friends is sad and I can't do anything about it," she sighed and threw her head back so that it hit the wall. "I guess I just call him and offer my help and... feel helpless."

"You can't always help everyone even if you always try. That's the sad truth," Romeo said and hang up before she got to say anything. Then she tried to call Kaman but he didn't answer which wasn't a surprise. At this time he must have better things to do than talking with her. Now there was nothing else she could do but wait.

Romeo was right, she couldn't help everyone and she hated it. Worst of all, she had a stupid show tomorrow. How was she supposed to go to sleep and go to the stage when all of this happened?