Breaking Bedrock 1: It's off to a rocky start.

Start from the beginning

"You've got some on your knees," Zedaph says from where he had accidentally fallen through some of the ground in shock.

Tango helps pull Zedaph out of the ground as Impulse sits down and starts inspecting his legs. There are several Patches scattered around on them.

"Call Doc?" Tango asks.

Impulse nods his head as he experimentally moves his arm. Surprisingly the bedrock isn't affecting how he moves.

There's a sudden crack as Xisuma appears and walks over to team ZIT. His tail flicks as he crouches down next to Impulse looking over what's happened, "Oh dear, that doesn't look good. Doc's waiting at your base. He asked me to come to get you."

He reaches out and helps Impulse up. Motioning for the other two to get closer he teleports everyone to Impulse's base.

.........

As they arrive at Impulse's base Tango shivers slightly at the sudden change in temperature. He takes a few steps back from the group and sets his hair and fur on fire to keep himself warm until he's able to stabilize his temperature.

Seeing them pop into existence Doc runs over, "So, can you tell me what happened?"

"I got an order to break some bedrock, we went up together and I was messing around a bit joking and stuff. I tried to mine the bedrock and it worked. I was able to pick the block up and then it started spreading up my arms," As he explains Doc inspects his arms.

"Do you mind if I touch it?"

"Go ahead."

Doc gently pulls Impulse's arm out and carefully taps one of the bedrock patches, "Can you feel that?"

"Yeah,"

"Ok, is the sensitivity any different when I do this?" Doc asks as he drags a finger down his arm.

"I, I think it's about the same."

Nodding Doc hisses quietly as he thinks. He fully inspects the bedrock patches before deciding, "I think you're ok for now, call me if anything else happens," his communicator buzzes softly, "I've got to go, apparently Beef fell into a hole and can't figure out how to get out."

"Can't someone dig him out?" Zedaph asks as he pokes at the bedrock on Impulse's face.

"They could, but he's done this a few times now so they're trying to get him to jump out," Doc explains as he heads out, "He's big enough to get his legs up, he just doesn't want to, which is understandable. It's a weird movement and he's only been affected for like a month."

Xisuma flicks his tail haphazardly and almost smacks into Tango's wing, "Let me know if it spreads, and stay away from bedrock levels for now just to be safe."

Nodding Impulse agrees and watches as Xisuma flies out heading back to his base. Motioning for the others to follow him he stumbles into the living area of his base and sits down at a table.

"You don't look too good," Tango says looking over at Impulse.

Zedaph looks over and decides something, "You need a distraction."

"Probably," He states as he puts his head on the cool tabletop.

"We could go and work on a farm?" Tango suggests, Zedaph nods in agreement.

"Ok, let's go to the farm wall," As Impulse guides them down the hall back into the main base he explains the farm wall.

As he's walking he falls into a hole in the floor, thankfully it's on the ground floor and simply drops him down into the water. Tango rushes forwards to try and grab his hand to help him up onto the floor.

Unfortunately for them, Impulse is having some difficulty staying afloat and continuously slips below the surface. Noticing this Tango jumps in after him and boosts him up to the floor. Zedaph gives Tango a hand and hauls him out of the water. Impulse lays down on the cold glass floor and stares blankly at the ceiling.

"Anyone want to explain to me what just happened?" Zedaph asks as he helps Tango dry off.

"I don't really know, I wasn't floating as well as normal. If I stopped swimming I instantly started sinking," Impulse mutters.

This catches Tango's interest, "Does anything feel weird?"

As he considers this, Impulse slowly stands up, "I feel all bla, it's like my limbs are weighing me down, I'm also really tired, but I don't know if that's from the meteor."

"Doesn't matter," Zedaph proclaims, "Sleepover time?"

Tango nods, "Sleepover time."

As the sun sets over the horizon, team ZIT drags blankets and pillows from all over Impulse's base into the bedroom. Once all the blankets and pillows are in place they settle down and fall asleep.

.........

Impulse groggily cracks his eyes open, Tango and Zedaph are sitting next to him looking concerned, "What's goin on?"

"Oh thank goodness," Zedaph breathes out, "It's like eleven."

"That's very late," Impulse decides as he's half asleep.

Frowning Tango pulls Impulse up, "Do you want some food?"

"Um, I'm not actually hungry," Impulse murmurs as he follows Tango.

Tango looks over at him quizzically, "You sure?"

"Yeah."

Zedaph cuts in, "It might be the meteor, there are no food sources near bedrock. So you might need less food."

"That- that could actually work," Impulse murmurs.

Zedaph nods happily, "My sheep need shearing do you guys want to give me a hand?"

"Sure thing," Impulse answers.

"As long as you actually help this time," Tango jokes as he playfully pokes at Zedaph's wool.

As they make their way over to Zedaph's sheep herd they agree to sheer off some of Zedaph's wool to keep his floof under control. It took almost all day but they eventually finished with the sheep.

Notes:

This is so much fun to write and I hope y'all enjoy.

If you want to join the discord https://discord.gg/eNCkSp4