C30

"Hmm? How are you old? And I'm sorry to ask but are you adopted?"

The Headmaster never told me he has a son.

"Way older than you and no I'm not adopted, he created me," he answers in a serious tone.

"C-created? Is that what we're calling giving birth now?"

"Believe me or not, I don't care."

I scoff and say, "you know your arrogance is starting to piss me off."

He shrugs. "It's a good thing that I don't care about your feelings."

I hum and walk closer to him. "But that's lie, you care about my feelings because you wouldn't have taken away my pain if you didn't care." I remind him while trying to get under his skin. It's my way of flirting and I know it suck but that's all I got.

"Where I come from people don't care about anything but themselves and their ruler. And that's why I helped you but make no mistake and think I did it because I care about you. I took you pain and I can easily return it, so watch what you say to me." He warns me while keeping his tone firm and cold. How can someone sound so dangerous and hot at the same time?

I swallow and digest his words. Guess I need to up my games. "So will you come with me to the Homecoming?"

His face is void of expression and I don't know why I expected something different but what he says next gives me hope. "I don't know, are you going to dress up?"

"No, I'm going like this," I say casually and stare down at my uniform.

He shakes his head in disbelief. "You should dress up," he hesitates before continuing with his talk. "The Witchydry ceremony is a pretty big thing in your school and everyone else will dress up." His eyes bore into mine.

"I don't care about appearance. I'm only going because I need something to distract me from everything that has happened today." I tell him.

"Getting yourself distracted for an hour or so won't erase the event that happened." He says.

"Hmm." I hum and stare at him. Nothing ever get past him, does it? I guess almost having my flesh burn off made him a little nice. He always has a reply to everything I say even if it's a stupid joke. Leave it to me to crush on someone like him.

"Do you need help getting back to school?" He asks.

I nod. "Of course duh. How else do you expect me to go back?" Not expecting him to answer, I move on. "Quick question: when you said a room in the mansion, do you mean your dad's mansion? The one we did our detention."

"The very one. Now shut up and follow me." He begins to walk towards the door at the other side of the room.

I roll my eyes and follow him. "What's behind the door?" I ask.

He doesn't answer as he places his palm on the wall next to the door and keeps his eyes on the door. He whispers somethings before opening the door with his other hand.

The room on the side of the door, the room I'm staring at looks exactly like my room. "This is my room." I whip my head to the side and glare at him. "How did you know?"