She's never been this enraged that she can't properly express the frustration, the disappointment and the pain she's feeling all at once. She started walking back. This is the end. Hanggang dito na lang siya. She doesn’t want to have him anymore. He only caused her so much heartbreak.

“Kung aalis ka, mas mabuti pang mawala na lang ako!”

When she looked back, she saw him wielding a knife. Na-alarma siya dito. He was positioning the sharp edges of it on his wrist.

“Jace, bitawan mo ‘yan!” sigaw niya.

He didn’t budge. Dinaluhan niya ang lalaki saka sinubukang kausapin ito. She held the knife out of his hand but Jace was strong.

Nababaliw ka na ba talaga?” May takot sa kanyang boses. Ngunit ayaw pa rin papigil ng lalaki.

Umalis ka na! ‘Yon naman ang gusto mo diba? Hindi kita pipigilan kaya huwag mo rin akong pigilan!” Hinawi siya nito saka siya tumilapon sa sahig.

“L-Lila...” he whispered, surprised of what he had done.

Pain immediately traveled on her skin. Napatingin siya sa kanyang braso, dumudugo ito. Binitawan ni Jace ang hawak na kutsilyo saka akmang lalapit sa kanya.

“Please. Huwag mo ‘kong lapitan,” she asked horrified of his face.

“But you’re bleeding...”

It’s all over the floor. She was shaking badly. Gusto niyang tumayo saka lumayo dito. Somewhere he can never find her.

Nanlalaki ang kanyang mga mata. “Y-you were going to kill me...” She realized. His few seconds ago were beastly. God knows what could've happened.

“Hindi ko magagawa ‘yon. Nadala lang—

She yelped when he tried to touch her.

“G-ganyan ka ba ka-takot sa’kin? Ako pa rin ‘to.”

She held her bleeding arms and managed to stood up.

“Hindi na kita kilala. Huwag na huwag ka nang lumapit ulit. Pakiusap,” pagmamakaawa niya.

She left that house and ran away. She ran fast. Nagpabaling-baling siya kung saan-saan. Tumakbo nang tumakbo. Until she reached far enough. Until she saw the flickering lights. He’s no longer here. He’s no longer have a control over her mind nor her body. She was safe.

“Lila, di ako makakapasok. Ang lala ng dysmenorrhea ko.”

Tinawagan siya kanina ni Shane. At this point, she doesn’t know if her friend is lying or not. But she still made an excuse letter for her and passed it on Shane’s classmates. She also did the tasks for her. Buti na lang naintindihan naman ng kanilang librarian.

Lila doesn’t feel like going home yet. Kaya dumirecho siya sa quadrangle. It’s been a couple of weeks since she saw Ewan. After that night, she felt like an idiot. Doon niya lang na-realize ang ginawa niya. Nagpakain na naman siya sa kanyang emosyon.

Umupo siya sa ilalim ng puno. All the tables are either occupied by a group or a person. Ayaw niya ring maki-upo. She opened her notes and started writing. Sinimulan niya na ‘to kahapon.