#20

Sidharth walks up to Shehnaaz and hugs her from behind only to be elbowed hard in his stomach. He winces in pain and curses aloud, but Sana is in no mood to comply. While she understands his logic of having nominated Paras but is pissed with him for not having discussed it with her beforehand. Sidharth always treating her like a child annoys her.

She fumes at him, 'Dur rehna mujhse. Mujhe teri sakal nahi dekhni.'

Sidharth catches hold of her hand and pulls her towards him only to annoy her further. He says, 'Soch ley, eisa na ho ki meri sakal sach mein na dekhni pare.'

While this tugs at Sana's heart, she refuses to show any form of weakness and says, 'haa, fir daffa ho! Nahi farak padta,'and walks off.

That night, for dinner, Reshmi makes aloo paratha for people. While serving Sidharth, she gives him a fully burnt paratha which tastes funny. He asks Reshmi what exactly she has put in this as for him showing enmity through food is way beneath someone's class. Reshmi fumbles with her response, mutters something hastily and leaves the spot.

Sidharth, not wanting to waste the food, eats a certain portion and walks off only to feel exasperated at Reshmi's constant digs at him.

*******

At night, Shehnaaz is sleeping in their bed in the bedroom area and not with him in the captain's room. He feels sad being away from her and walks to her to bring her back with him. Upon seeing him coming towards her, Sana quickly covers her face and pretends to be asleep. Sidharth comes and sits beside her and tries pulling the blanket off her face and says, 'Dekh abhi na bohot ho gaya. Maine tujhe bata bhi diya maine kyun kiya jo bhi kiya, phir bhi tu mujhe attitude jhar rahi hai. Matlab mere feelings aur soch ki koi parwa nahi haa tujhe haina? Abb chal, sone chalta hai.'

Shehnaaz looks straight into his eyes and replies, 'Nahi hai parwa terey feelings ka. Kya kar lega? Meri baatoon ka to parwa kiya nahi tha tune? Mein kyun karun. Aur, mujhe yeha pey sona hai.'

Sidharth sighs and says, 'Mujhe na terey saath jhagra karna nahi hai. Jab sey dinner kiya hai ajeeb lag raha hai. Rashmi ney pura jala hua khana diya mujhe. Bhooka bhi hoon. Tujhe dhoond raha tha taki tu mujhe paratha banakar dey, par tu mujhe mili bhi nahi.'

Sana cuts him short and snaps, 'Kyun? Kis khusi mein, mein aapko khana banakar doon? Waise bhi itney saree gharwali, baharwali bhare pade hai aapke liye yeha. Reshmi ka khana pasand nahi aaya to Arti ko bold deta. Mein naukrani behti hoon yeha? Use and throw?'

Sidharth fails to be at the receiving end any longer and sternly says, 'Tujhe lagta nahi ki tu zyada bol rahi hai? Haa? Eisa kya kar diya maine? Ek limit tak hurt karney ki koshish kar usse zyada nahi? Aur, aaj tak tujhse isiliye madat liya hai kyunki tujhe mein apna family manta hoon, naukrani nahi. Bakwas karti hai. Sakal nahi dekhni hai na, matt dekh,' and storms off.

Shehnaaz realizes that she has somewhere crossed a line, but she feels overwhelmed with everything that has happened today. She slowly gets up, goes and lies down beside Sidharth keeping a certain distance not wanting to discuss anything with him, further.

Sidharth turns to see Shehnaaz sleeping on the other side with her back towards him. He yearns to reach out to her, touch her, have her in his arms but refrains from invading her privacy wanting to give her space to calm down.

The slowly drift of to disturbed sleep.