1

He pulls me into his arms again and gently kisses my forehead.
"You're not leaving me Charlie, I need you" I say, pushing him away so that I can see his face. His cheek bones stand out as he grinds his teeth together, his eyes locked on mine.
"You can't stop me" his eyes are bigger and bluer than ever, glinting as if he's about to cry.
"Yes I can. You're staying here" I take his hand in mine and lock our fingers together, his hand is cold and dry.
"Angelica, you can keep me here but the second you fall asleep, I'm walking out that door. You don't deserve me. Tomorrow when you wake up, forget about me. pretend like none of this happened and find someone new. Someone who can love you and hold you. Someone that can make you happy."
"But you make me happy Charlie, no one can hold me the way you do. I love you." I feel a tear roll down my cheek and immediately rub it away, trying to look strong.
"No you don't" his voice is stern and cold.
"You're not leaving" I say, pulling him to the couch and sitting down.
Charlie just looks at me, his face is totally blank. I see nothing but my reflection in his eyes and I know he's serious about leaving.

I wake up the next day in a panic, I look around and Charlie is absolutely nowhere to be seen. I grab my phone and dial his number. It rings once... Twice... Three times.
"It's Charlie, can't answer just now, I'm probably with my beautiful Angel. Leave a message"
He declined the call.
"Charlie don't do this, I love you. If you don't call me back, I'm coming to look for you" I slam down the phone and erupt into a pit of tears, screams and shakes, I've never felt this way before. I feel as if my entire body has been stabbed a million times with a blunt knife.
"Noo" I scream through my tears
I manage to calm myself down before my phone begins to ring. My stomach drops to my toes and I grab the phone.
"CHARLIE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU KNOW IVE SUFFERED FROM DEPRESSION, ARE YOU TRYING TO TRIGGER ME? IS THIS SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE?"
"Angel, it's Leondre."
"Leo oh my god I'm so happy to hear your voice" I sigh
"Is he gone?"
"Yes. He left when I fell asleep last night, Leo what have I done?"
"It's not your fault, Charlie's a messed up kid, you know that. He's coming back, I promise you."
"But what if you're wrong? What if he doesn't come back? I didn't love him hard enough and now he's gone" I feel the tears building up again.
"Listen to me angel. This is not your fault. You need to understand that. Are you mad that he kissed another girl?"
"No, I'm not mad at all. It's just a kiss. But he made it into such a big deal and its snowballed into this. He thinks he's not good enough for me."
"We'll sort this out. I'm coming to your house right now" he says softly before hanging up.