CHAPTER TWENTY

"Listen up guys," Haven addressed the group a few days later. "It's going to be tough. We will have to persevere through the journey to the facility to be met with danger. Guards, guns, and there will be obstacles in no short supply. I trust you've been well trained enough, but we will have to be vigilant. I'm not trying to lose any of you."

She was met with murmurs of agitation.

"Please, fight to the best of your abilities. To take down the facility, and free those who are trapped there."

"We leave in two hours, be prepared," Sterling added.

They all started to gather their things to get ready for the battle they were about to fight.

"I'm scared," Sapphire said.

"Don't worry, we'll get through it," Jack assured her.

Pans over to Violet and Sterling.

"If you need someone to cover you," Sterling said to Violet, "I'll stay by you if you want."

"Are you asking to be my human shield?"

He was silent. "I'm a trained fighter, I think I got what it takes to protect."

"I wouldn't count on it."

"Yeah, she can handle herself. And she has me to back her up," Jonas said lightly enough, but under his words was a more threatening tone.

"Okay. Noted then," he said. "But just so you know, you would want to fight with me not against me."

"Aren't we?"

He blinked and looked at them. "Of course," he said before walking away. "Now we have a battle to win."

They made their way through the valleys and rivers and ruins of villages tried and failed before them, crossing the bridge, its blue lights now dimmed in the sunlight that led them into the city that had prepared them, and now would help them fight. All of them looked back at everything they were passing, all the memories that they had and wondering if it would be the last time they'd look upon the dismal landscape that had been their everything.

"We're almost there," Jonas stated.

Jules placed Jorge in her bag making sure he was safe. Violet looked down the hill, seeing the facility in the distance. She touched the gun in her pocket. She was prepared. She was ready. They all were, she reminded herself.

"You guys ready to walk into the facility of despair?" Sapphire said lightly, shaking Toph's shoulder.

"Don't do that."

"Okay, so we're in a bad mood."

"We could die!" Jules exclaimed.

"What is death but the next great adventure?"

"I didn't sign up for any adventures."

"If we stop now, none of us will ever be safe. Their human experiments will keep going on," Violet insisted.

"What are they even doing to them?" Toph said, half afraid of the answer.

"I guess we'll find out," Jules answered sourly.

"We all met each other for a reason. None of us knew that that train would lead us to all of this. We're sisters and no one will defy our last name. We are Stablets and no one can take that away from us," Violet said, hope holding back her fear.

"You're right, no one messes with a Stablet. We can do this. We're strong and brave," Sapphire added.

"Yes we are. We are here-," Jules exclaimed.

"Here to win," Toph said as they all walked further down the hill facing the facility.