CHAPTER ELEVEN

Violet exited through another vent jumping down into the same room where her and Jonas had found the files. She hurriedly opened the drawers to find her and her friends' files, so they could finally know the truth. As she was looking through the drawer, she heard a someone drop to the floor from the ceiling

"Thought I'd find you here," Jonas said. 

“Jonas? How-”

“They’re starting with the new recruits and then going to the residents. But they're going to be looking for you. We should leave, go down the train tracks to wherever we were before-"

“What’s out there? We don’t even know if anything is really out there.”

“Well we can have hope because whatever out there is going to be much safer than what they’re going to do to us here.”

“Okay, but I need to grab the files first.”

“Why?”

“Don’t you want to know your life before this?”

“Okay, fine, do you have them?"

"I'd have them a lot quicker if you'd help me look.”

He went over to go help her and found his file as well as his friends’. Violet found hers and Sapphire, Toph, and Jules'.

“We need to leave now, they’re going to be searching everywhere,” Jonas said.

“I can’t just leave my friends,” she responded.

“Okay let’s go to my room, they won’t be searching the resident halls so we’ll be safe there for now.”

They both climb back through the vent reaching his room. 

He started about the room that he shared with Jack, throwing whatever he could into a bag. "I don't think it's going to take us long to get far down the tracks, but we have to hurry anyway because they'll cover this place in two seconds-"

"Maybe chill a second-"

"I can't chill Violet. If they find us we’ll be their prisoners."

“They won't find us."

“Well, we need to be prepared for anything.”

“You seem to be taking care of that. We need to find my friends, too-"

"We will, but right now the whole place is being searched. They’ll get us immediately if we step foot outside the door."

“Well then we’ll wait.”

“I guess so.”

“What do we do?”

“Violet, how do you feel about me?"

"Wait-" She stared up at him. "What do you mean?" she said cautiously.

"I mean… this-" He kissed her and she kissed him back. After she pulled back he looked at her and she met his gaze.

He looked about to say something but the door nudged open then, in skidding Jack, Jin, Toph, Sapphire, and Jules, holding Jorge.

"Violet!” exclaimed Sapphire and Jules.

“Jonas!” Jack and Jin said with relief.

“We’ve been looking for you guys everywhere,” Jin said.

“We-” Jonas and Violet looked at each other with beaming eyes and a smile. “We were about to go look for you guys and then leave,” Jonas stated.

“And how are we going to leave?” Jack replied.

“Window,” Jin said.

"Let's go,” Jonas said decisively.

Jin took a sheet from the bed and wrapped his hand in it before pinching through the glass with a crack like that of bone.

Then an alarm blaring through the room, down the hallway, and they heard footsteps racing toward them.