CHAPTER ONE

THE kids were missing due to the government. They all got into this place soon. They woke up on a train. This futuristic type of train. It had some rust within it but mostly contained blue lighting and metallic walls and ground. The kids who survived were in this train. The first person that woke up was Violet. She woke up looking out of the window seeing the sun glistening and passing by the green trees. She was woken up from her daze from a man. He asked her to put out her hand.

She was confused and resisted. She asked, “Why? What am I doing here? Where are you taking me and the rest of these people?”

He answered with: “Do not question.”

Then something went into her wrist. She didn’t know what it was but knew that none of this felt right. “What was that?!”

“A mouth on this one,” the voice muttered. Someone else was in the car, but she couldn’t see them, because her vision was fading out again, slowly, then all at once.

The first thing Sapphire knew was that she was moving. It wasn’t the weird, adrenaline induced sensation that she felt at times upon waking, especially after a night like last one, but there truly was a rush of wheels beneath her and her head felt numb from rattling against the floor she’d been lying on. She blinked in the too-bright sunlight that streamed upon and heated the metal floor, which had at one time been graced with an, at best, ratty carpet. Dust clung to hard-dried glue and, she now noticed, her hair. Her wrist hurt, too. She couldn’t remember anything happening to it, right? But it felt like an injection, but more somehow. Like she could feel something there, in her arm.

“The fuck?” she muttered, looking around. There were three other girls here, and it looked like the one across from her was awake, blearily. “Hey,” Sapphire said quickly, keeping her voice low. “Hey.”

The girl across from her rustled, brown eyes blinking at her. “Who are you?”

“Me? Might ask you the same thing.”

“Violet,” she said warily.

“Sapphire.” Then, “do you know what we’re doing here?”

“I... tried to ask them, but they drugged me or something- put something in my arm-”

That explained the strange aching feeling of her wrist. “Me too.” At the anonymity, ominousity of ‘They’, she felt a sinking feeling in her heart. She swallowed the acidic taste of panic and tried to breathe. She tilted her head to the other two, on the other side of the car. “And who’re they?”

“I don’t know.”

“Where are we?”

“A train, it would look like.”

"Who's driving it?"

"No clue."

"That's great."

Sapphire stood, almost losing her balance as she did so, dizzy and sickly confused. Her shoe made a heavy thud against the floor. All she could see out the window was the greenish blur of trees. It looked cold, and needless to say unfamiliar.

The slow murmur of movement made them both turn. The other two were waking, or, regaining consciousness.

"I don't have a good feeling about all of this," Violet whispered.