Episode 3

You sat in your room on the floor with all your clothes out and sat in the middle of it all. You were packing for you weekend trip with your therapist to go see your little brother out of his hospital but didn't know what to pack. "Why is this so hard?!" you yelled as Parker, Liv, Maddie, and Joey walked into your room door.

"Woah!" Joey was the first to say something. "It's messier than usual in here." he said walking over to your bed to sit.

"Oh c'mon Joey. Cut her some slack!" Maddie said sitting on your chair. "I mean..she is leaving tomorrow morning after all."

"Yeah. But..do not pack this shirt." Liv said taking the shirt Mrs. Rooney got her for her birthday last year. "It goes with nothing."

"Yeah well you don't have to worry about that. Im not going." you said frustrated at the thoughts in your head. As you laid your head in your hands the last person in the door finally spoke up.

"What do you mean? You have to go." Parker said. It had been exactly a full week since you and Parker spoke to each other. For the science fair project you too had to be partners but each worked separately and only said a handful of words to each other the whole time.

"Oh so suddenly the guy who didn't talk to me for a week also wants me to leave now? Gee thanks buddy!" you said sarcastically standing up and heading for the door but was blocked in by Parker. "Excuse me." you said coldly.

"What's up with you?" He asked. "And i mean seriously. What's wrong?" this was the first time you ever saw Parker being serious. You looked back at everyone but they all looked away.

"Okay. I have no time for this. I need to go to the bathroom." you said as you shoved by him. For some reason you were just angry and annoyed with everything and everyone and you even had no idea.

"Hey. What's wrong?" he asked once you were out in the hallway. "I mean..i know we haven't talked but i thought that you were just upset about the project." he admitted.

"You don't get it do you? It's not about the project Parker. It was never about the project Parker. I haven't been talking because.." you started to almost get the world out. 'It's because i have feelings. The kind that makes you all bubbly. For you.' but...that's not what came out. "I'm stressed and scared. and you never even asked how i felt. so i'm sorry that i've been acting different Parker. Sorry." you said before you walked into the bathroom.

The next day

As you stood at the door with your bags you waited for everyone to come say bye. "I'll be waiting in the car okay?" your therapist said as they took your bags and headed out.

"Well..how do you feel?" Mrs. Rooney asked with a smile. "Do you feel okay? Are you hungry? Are you sick? You know you get allergies easily. Maybe you should stay." she rambled on.

"Honey. Don't make her anymore nervous. But maybe you're right. Maybe you should stay home." Mr. Rooney started to agree with his wife.

"Guys. i'll be fine. I'm gonna be with Allison so you don't have to worry. And i know what you're thinking. I know what to do if i start to feel a panic attack coming. And if i can't stop it I've got Allison to help. I'm fine." you stated to calm down the only parents you know.

When they were done hugging you, Liv and Maddie came up to you to talk to you. "All right. Here's the game plan. You're going to be the best sister he's ever known. If he doesn't know how amazing you are then oh well. You're his sister and he has to live with it." Maddie said as he hands were on you shoulders.

"Yeah. And plus, you'll always be like a sister to us. So don't worry you got this in the bag. By the way i repacked your bag for you." Liv said making you laugh. They each gave you a tight hug and walked away.

Now it was Joeys turn to say bye. "Well...you'll suck as sister." he said. That instantly made you have a worried face. "Well i mean think about it..you'll always be there for him if anything happens. You'll love him with all your heart even when he doesn't know it. And you'll care too much for him when he really needs it. You're practically the best sister anyone could ever have." he smiled. You called him a jerk one last time before hugging him.

Once Joey went to sit on the steps you couldn't see Parker anywhere. "This is so weird. He always says bye." you said saddened. You know you've been cold to him recently but you hoped he would at least say bye to you on weekend trips away from each other.

"I'm sorry honey. But it's okay. maybe he'll text you bye." Mrs. Rooney said coming to hug you one last time before you left.

"Yeah. Maybe." you said with a mixture of sadness and hope. "Anyways. Gotta go meet my brother. Bye guys." you smiled to them opening the door to leave. Once you stepped outside you looked to your left and saw Parker on the swinging seat holding a box. You shut the door and sat next to him. "So. I've been a jerk." you said hoping to gain his forgiveness.

He looked at you and smiled the smile that makes your heart skip a beat. "Yeah well i mean you have a good reason. You're meeting a brother you never knew about so of course you would be a jerk to me." he said. "But look..i got you something." he said handing you the box. You awkwardly grabbed the box and slowly opened it hoping it wasn't going to pop it at you.

To your luck it was just a necklace. "What's this for?" you asked. "Not that i don't love it." you laughed. You held it in you hands and you heard Parker explain why he got it.

"I know you'll only be gone for like 2-3 days but..i've been meaning to give you this for a while." he said. "Since the day i met you..you have been nothing but light in my life. But ever since you got the news about your brother that light has been going low for the past 2 weeks. And i just hope it comes back."

You never knew Parker had so much emotion in him but that single little act of kindness brought back all of the feelings you've been trying to hide from him and bury away for the past week. "Parker.." you wanted to tell him how you felt, "Thanks for the necklace." but it was super hard since you didn't want to lose your best friend. You gave him a hug before getting up and heading over to the car that was wait for you.

As the car drove off you held the necklace and decided to put it on and never take it off. you could tell that after that moment things would be a bit better but not back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry for the wait. i've just been busy. busy sleeping and wondering how the heck i was going to update. but now i have the ideas back. so if you have any suggestions on how the next part should go dm me or comment. (and if you do dm me just know that i won't be able to text back for some reason and i've tried to fix it but it won't fix so..yeah)

but..BYE!!