1. He's Rich. And Very In Love.

I have always been afraid of only one thing. And no, it is not spiders. It is something worse and even more highly twisted than that.

 It is love.

I have seen so many of my friends fall for other people, only to get hurt in the end. No guy has ever caught my attention like that. I mean, yes I have had my fair share of boyfriends and stuff but I know that they are not going to last. And they never do. No one ever does. The whole concept of ‘High school sweet hearts’ is a myth, like vampires.

Love does not exist and never will. Although, want does exist is attraction. Extreme attraction and thus, people go out with each other. However, they mistake it as love. The farthest some go, before realising this is when they get married and have kids. And once the attraction dies down, so does their relationship and the never existent love.

And suddenly, ‘things didn’t quite work out,’ ‘we can take couple therapy to make this work,’ kind of one liners are thrown around in the household, which in turn destroys it completely. Nothing is ever left. Nothing.

However, in my parents’ case, there was only me and my sister, Sam, (or Samantha as she hates being called) that their broken household left behind. I don’t really like referring to it as ‘ours,’ because let’s face it; I’d rather have no family than a currently dangling one. Yes, my parents are apparently, trying to work things out between themselves for the past year and a half. And I am happily and peacefully living with my Aunt Krissy (my mother’s sister) in New York. Far away from my parents in London.

And to get over and done with, with my description let me start by telling you that I am a little on the wilder side. Have one elder sister, whose name is ‘Samantha’ even though she goes with Sam. I have black wavy hair that fall a way below my shoulders. I am around 5’7 feet, with blackish brown eyes, fair skin, a good body (I like to work out) and a friendly smile. And well, the rest you’ll get to know along the way.

And now that, that’s over, let us begin.

I am May Jarfield by the way.

“You seriously need to get up May.” Someone screamed, pouring half a bucket of cold water right onto my face.

“Agghh!” I screamed and jumped straight out of bed, only to find Aunt Krissy smirking at me with an empty bucket in her hand. “Get up Missy.”

“I already have Krissy.” I told her, smirking. She shook her head laughing, “You know you suck at poetry May, why do you even try?” I narrowed my eyes at her playfully, while she ruffled my hair and told me to get ready.

“But, it’s a friking Sunday! Why are you waking me up and I can hear Sam snoring. Why not her, first?” I whined, stamping my feet. “Because she is not the one who is supposed to be attending a very important lunch at the Armers.” Aunt Krissy, replied, taking off the sheets from my bed. Gosh, if someone enters right about now, they’ll think that I am a bed wetter or something.

“But, Mrs. Armer has invited all three of us.” I told her. She nodded, “Yeah, but Sam has had a slight fever since last night, so she is excused.” How does she always manage that? I scratched my head lightly, deep in thought and then I felt something tap at in head. “Shouldn’t we both stay back to take care of Samantha?” I asked her, slowly edging towards my comfy bed, only to be pulled back by my t-shirt.

“Nope, we don’t. Jayline’s coming by to take care of her while we are gone. So, don’t worry and get ready, you just have another hour in hand.” I whined again and made my way towards my bathroom, with Aunt Krissy chuckling behind me.

I mean, can’t she see that Sam is just fooling her? No wonder, she has called her whore of a best friend to take care of her. Sam will be having a wild party while I will have to sit through the most boring lunch of my life. But, on second thought, I don’t mind it that much. I mean I still do, but not that much because I have to give company to my best friend Tamara after all.