CHAPTER 27 - Hitler?

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon ma'am and welcome to sunflower garden," the receptionist whose name tag was Joanne sang in a very welcoming tone immediately Moira stepped in.

"Hii, there's a reservation here under the name Dwight Hope," Moira spoke in her sweet voice, her English accent thick and empowering.

"Just a moment please," Joanne nodded at her as she scanned through the tablet in her possession.

Moira looked at her sides, a glass door leading into the cafe itself, she could see people chatting and sitting and talking, some with laptops and some other just with a cup of coffee or something else.

Why make a reservation? She thought.

She looked around the reception, the wall had been filled with paintings, paintings of flowers.
She frowned, realizing not even one of the paintings had even a single sunflower. She turned behind her as she let out a surprised gasp.

"Oh my god!" She smiled, taking out her phone to take a picture of a picture that had struck out amongst the others. She recognized the painting, she would even in her sleep, it was a large scale sketch of a peacock holding a rose in its mouth.

"It's an exceptional painting, painted by a very talented young man who goes to Shelton university. Sold out to Richie&Jay." The receptionist Joanne informed Moira when she had noticed Moira's undivided attention towards the painting and the obvious fact she took a picture of it.

"Yes," Moira whispered, now turning to the receptionist, "but how'd it get here, Richie&Jay are curators in Australia."

"Well, they moved around, until it was up for auction and ended up in the hands of the owner of this place, I think it's set to go to Germany in a few weeks. I'll show you to your table now." Joanne informed her holding her hand out leading the way for Moira to follow.

"Thank you" Moira smiled as she walked, quickly sent the photo to the artist himself, Myles.

"Would you like to have anything while you wait? You're just about..." Joanne checked her tablet, "a minute early for your reservation."

"Black tea would be nice" Moira informed her to which she nodded in reply as she left now assigning a waiter to the table.

"Thank you" she thanked the waiter who dropped a mug of black tea on her table four minutes later. She was taken away in the view of the scenery beyond the glass window, not noticing the chair being drawn out across the table.

"I'm sorry I'm late, traffic" A highly strung up voice said smiling shyly at her as he sat on the chair, adjusting it to his taste.

Still turned quickly to the man now seared in front of her, she smiled, "Oh it's okay, I just got here myself,"

"Whoa you're English." He exclaimed.

"Yes?" She asked now looking at him warily, awaiting his next comment or reply to her one worded explanatory question.

"Oh it's no problem at all, I was just surprised." He confessed.  "what would you like to have?" He asked her changing the subject when the waiter now stood next to them but she wasn't down easy as her next statements were consciously meant to make her English accent more pronounced, purposely trying to see if it irks the man across her.