A hard reason

The milky clouds had been drunk dry by the setting of oranges as sunset gave in.

We had talked for hours and my hamburger was half finished, y/n was talking about books again and I was spaced out.

I watch as the glinting brown liquid runs over the meat of my meal. Her words became as meaningless as smoke and her glassy lips stretched through her light speech on Wordsworth.

I wanted to kiss them, I see her collar bone jutting from the delicate coat of skin, her hands gently flocking about as she laughs at her phrases.

I didn't care what she was saying to be honest, I really only cared for what she could do had I let her like Wordsworth graze my unsteady boat across the hegdes of rock waters.

What was it like kissing a girl like her, how would she react if I slide my hand down her shirt, what would she say then? Will she tremble? Sigh? Moan? Swear? Does she even want me, like I do?

'Hide? Are you listening? You have sauce all over your face!'

I touch my mouth and see brown sauce and the smell of cooked meat, delicous obviously.

She giggles and closes her book, 'you smell all delicious now Hide!!'

I jolt slightly, half from suprise half from proudness from her flirtatious gesture but my eyes move to her plate.

'You have'nt touched your food' I say with my fork she ordered but a light salad and a drink.

'I'm not that hungry'

'It's cuz you get all your nurients from those books you read, hell I don't think you even sleep'

'that's one way to put it'

We laugh.

The night streched on like dark arms around a light source and we walked across the neon road of lights. She'd at times skip ahead in random excitement so I see nothing but her hair, how I would like to stoke it.

Down a quieter road we pause knowing it was time to say our goodbyes.

Her eyes are glinting in the streets lights as she faces me.

'Its been a great day, thought I wish you'd talk more, you'd stare off to some other appreance and forget me, am I that insignificant?'

'What are you saying!? I would'nt say yes to dating you if I did'

'it's because you were scared to hurt my feelings, you don't want to feel bad, this date was for you...'

'But you asked me to go on this date? Was it not your intention to see me? To satisfy you?'

She lowers get head.

'You got my there Hide, say...' she moves closer to me. Her arms wrap my body as our warmth connects after a long day of just wondering of it.

She was an elfin pinnace
Lustily; I dipp'd my oars into the silent lake.

'May I eat now?'

'what?'

She digs her teeth into me, a wet warmth spreads round my shoulder like my desire for her, what was happening?