Chapter One

Copyright  2014 - Sophia Kjeldbjerg. All rights reserved.

No part of this story may be copied, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted to anyone. It cannot be transmitted or copied by any means - such as by electronical devices, photocopies, recordings, mechanicals or any other forms - without prior written permission. Copying this story is a violation of the copyright law.

*PICTURES OF THE COVER ARE NOT MINE.*

...°...

Frozen Tears

THIS STORY IS NOTHING LIKE VAMPIRE DIARIES, TWILIGHT, OR TRUE BLOOD. THE ONLY COMMON LINK BETWEEN THREE OF THEM IS THE MIND READING, BUT THE WHOLE STORYLINE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND OF MY OWN CREATION. I JUST NEEDED A COOL POWER AND THOUGHT 'HEY, MIND READING SOUNDS AWESOME' AND SO THAT'S WHAT IT BECAME. Enjoy the ride =) xoxo, Sophia. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine Em." I glance hesitantly at the campus grounds, feeling a new flood of fear sending my body into trembles. I bite my lip and look over at Alice, struck again by the stunning resemblance to Mum. The same long straight brown hair and the perfect features. I've always envied her confidence and the admiration that she got from all of her friends. Compared to her, I was low status; strawberry blond hair cut mid-waist and pale skin that always seemed to burn instead of tan, leaving me like a fried potato chip. The only common trait that we shared were our similar blue eyes.

I feel the tears threatening to spill at the thought of my deceased parents, but I refuse to cry; not now, not ever. Crying shows weakness, and I have to be strong. I swallow my nervousness down and try my hardest to put up a nonchalant expression. Inside of me, nerves are battling with one another.

"I'll be here at 3PM to pick you up okay?" Alice says, flinging my bag at me. "I've got to get to work now but-" She stops in the middle of her sentence and looks at me, pity flooding over her face. I accept her outstretched arms and bury my face in her fluffy coat, taking strength from her strong embrace. We pull apart and with one last deep breath I slide out of the car and shut the door behind me. She rolls down the front passenger window.

"You should go now... don't want to be late for your first day right?" she gives me a slight smile and drives off, leaving me standing  in the middle of a buzzing crowd.

Murmurs and whispers reach me from all directions as I make my way towards the double doors of the imposing school building, glancing at the groups either seated on the grass or talking by the entrance. They each stop talking and stare at me instead  every time I pass, but the voices keep echoing through my head. I force my head down, doing my best to keep the thoughts out of my brain.

Who's she? - Look at what she's wearing. - What classes does she take? - Have you heard that Matt Bryan broke up with Tessa last week?

I hurry in through the double doors and relief washes over me when I notice only a few people in the hall. The rest of them seem to prefer the open air of the outsides instead of the stuffy atmosphere inside, despite the chilly temperatures that come with the frosted seasons. I take out a paper from my bag and take a quick look around. My eyes land on a sign that reads 'Secretary's Office', so I make my way over there with quick steps.

"Excuse me?" I turn around hesitantly, not hearing the approaching foot steps that had come up behind me. I relax when I see the warm smile that the boy gives me. The first thing that I notice is his good looks: blond ruffled hair and hazel eyes stare at me curiously, and I can't help but feel small compared to his tall, tanned, and well-built frame towering over me. His teeshirt hugs his muscles tightly and even though I haven't had very much experience with guys, I can tell that his casual and confident stance makes his hotness shoot by tenfolds.