Chapter 4 - Emerald

As he laid in his bed, closing his eyes in hope to sleep. Sleep was his only remedy. Rafael has lived an enormous amount of grief in the previous year and it was only sleep that had helped him through it. 

But not this time, it was all coming back to live in his mind, her scarf flying away with the breeze, the moon shining a little brighter, and.. her long black hair dancing to the wind. He could not take his eyes off of her. Not sure if it was his grief, but the world felt brighter at that moment. 

She was not Sophia, yet, he had known deep in his heart that he enjoyed watching her hair free as the waves. He dismissed the thought, rather feeling anger spray upon him. He felt betrayed. He hated that feelings he was no longer interested in, came back to life, and she was the reason behind it. 

How could she?

Who is she? 

After leaving her bestfriend, Isabella set herself to write. Writing had always made her feel better

Was it a sign?

Drawing my symbolic rocks and getting to decide the next step of my life, I can't help but think... 

Love.

Second chances.

Taking chances.

Secrets.

Today, as I drew I came to know that S. L. wants my hand in marriage.

Marriage. We knew it will come to this, let's not pretend. 

But I cannot help but feel it is fate.

Love will surprise me. 

I need to give my thoughts a second chance,

I should take a chance,

I will still tell you my secrets

I am to be engaged.

Admiration, always

Travel safely, 

Soon to be fiance of S.L.

I.L.

28.09.1850 

She looked at her diary and smiled hesitantly, she believed in fate. And she thought she should embrace this new chapter of her life. "Something beautiful awaits" she whispered hoping that she was doing the right thing.

She made her way to the shore thinking to herself she has finally began to add something exciting not only to her life but to her rather boring diaries. As she reached, she loved the bright moon's reflection on the sea. It was a lovely evening. 

She took a deep breath and thought to enjoy the breeze before she sets today's diary, 

Until, 

The wind blew..

She felt her scarf slipping revealing her hair, and as she reached to hold it letting go of the paper she held,