Wonderwall

‼‼ TRIGGER WARNING ‼‼

The summer heat was sweltering hot, but Jisoo had no choice but to sit down outside of of their house. One strap of her denim jumper shorts was dangling loosely by her side. She did it on purpose, as her pink shirt was starting to get damp from her sweat.

She didn't understand why, but Jin always had to ask her to go outside whenever her dad was mad.

He also told her to stay in front of their porch and never talk to strangers until everything was okay again.

She didn't like it but Jin always promised her stuff so she just listened to him.

She smiled as she took from her pocket a piece of paper. She tore a small portion of it, put it in her mouth, and munched on it.

She didn't know why but she really liked eating paper. It was calming.

She looked up and was suddenly startled when she saw a small girl glaring at her. Her hair was tied up in pigtails and she wore a flowery sundress.

She had her hands on her hips and her cheeks were puffed up. She looked like an angry kitten, which Jisoo found both funny and cute.

Jisoo smiled widely at her.

"Nyeongan!" she greeted, waving at her.

The girl's eyebrows met together in confusion.

"Nyeongan? What's that?"

"It means hello!"

"Why can't you say hello normally?"

"Because that would be boring."

"But people will not understand you."

"They will when I tell them what it is."

The girl then pointed at what she was holding.

"Why are you eating paper? You can't eat paper. That is gross."

Jisoo shrugged.

"I like it. You want some?"

"Yuck. No."

"Okay."

Jisoo took another portion and ate it. The other girl was staring at her. Who was this? She never saw her around before.

The girl finally went near her and took away her paper.

"Hey! Give that back!"

The girl pouted at her.

"No! That's dirty. I am saving you, so you should be thankful. You want to have a tummyache?"

"Ppoong!"

"What?"

"You should not take anyone's stuff you dwarf!"

The girl glowered at her.

"I am not a dwarf! I am five and my mommy says I will grow tall and beautiful when I am older. Unlike you if you keep on eating paper!"

"You're mean."

"I am not mean."

Jisoo stood up.

"Give it back!"

"No!"

The small girl ran and Jisoo went after her. She was a bit taller, so she almost caught up to her when suddenly, the girl tripped on a tree branch and hit her face first into the grass.