Enough

‼TRIGGER WARNING‼

Jennie was slowly walking away from the scene. Her legs felt as if they were weighted with lead; her breathing pattern starting to get erratic.

She couldn't stop the tears from falling from her eyes, she tried to, but everytime she did, a new wave would come crashing down as she remembered the conversation she heard.

Why did it hurt so much?

Why did it feel like her heart was about to explode from all the pain she was feeling?

She closed her eyes as she tried to even out her breathing.

She heard footsteps from behind, she didn't really want to face her yet, but here she was.

"Please Jisoo, please...just leave me alone." she says, not wanting to deal with this right now.

She heard the footsteps stop.

"Jen, please, let me explain."

Jennie clenched her fists then turned around to face her. Jisoo looked at her with sorrowful eyes, her expression full of guilt and remorse.

She didn't let it get to her.

"Explain what exactly, Jisoo? Are you going to explain to me how you treated my like a fool?"

Jisoo shook her head.

"I'm the fool Jennie. It was a stupid mistake, I should've told you about it earlier."

"Then why didn't you?"

Jisoo paused, she fidgeted a bit, then took a deep breath.

"I was scared."

"Scared of what?"

Jisoo looked into her eyes.

"I was scared of losing you."

Jennie laughed, oh the irony of it all.

"Well congratulations! This is the consequence of your decision." she says as she turns around to leave, but Jisoo stops her by gripping her hand.

She hated it, she hated how warm her hand felt on hers, how she just wanted to turn around and forget about what happened.

"Let me go, Jisoo."

She does as what she was told.

"Jennie, please give me a chance, please. I want to fix this, I really want to do right by you." she says.

"Why? Because you found out I was the one who gave the pin?"

"No..."

"Are you sure? Because from what I heard, you were SUPPOSED to confess to Chaeng instead of me right? Because you liked her. You liked her for the fact that you thought it was her who gave you the pin. Are you going to tell me you like me now just because of that?"

Jisoo gritted her teeth.

"I don't like you just because I found out you gave the pin."

Jennie sighed.

"I really want to believe you Jisoo, I do. But after everything, it's so hard to trust you now. I don't know what is real and what isn't."

"I know..."

Jennie closed her eyes. She had to make a decision.

"I'm sorry Jisoo, but after everything, it's best that you just leave me alone. I don't want to see you, be with you, or have anything to do with you at all. If you care about me even just a little, you would respect my wishes." she tells her.