Surely Kira was close to the 200th floor by now. But I couldn't sense her presence anywhere near. That powerful aura... How I longed to feel it again.

Last time I checked, she was already fighting on floor 185. And let's just say, it wasn't a fair fight. Not at all. They were all to trash for her. Kira should be fighting up here against more competent opponents. Even then, I believed she could still win with ease.

I could almost see it before me, the delicate, yet deadly way she handled her knives. Her alluring silver eyes gleamed with flashes of determination, like light reflecting off the broken shards of a mirror. And then, there it was, flickering beneath the mist, the chaotically beautiful darkness within...

She was too... memorable.

I could still feel the lingering burn of the wound she had given me, when her blade left her hand and shot through my side. It had taken me by surprise, the pain and the shock, yet I loved every moment of it. I simply had to feel it again, that thrilling sensation.

I had to fight her again.

But not yet. There was still a distance to go, before she would reach her full potential. Until then, what I had to do was wait, and guide her along.

For now, I had to make do. How am I even bored? For god's sake, I was in the same building with supposedly the world's best fighters. I should be having lots of fun.

The shrill ringing of the phone sounded in my silent room, slightly startling me. Could it be? I hurried over and eagerly picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked with anticipation.

"Ah, Hisoka." It was male's voice. An immense wave of disappointment washed over me. What even? I had gotten all excited!

"Do you remember me?" The man questioned, still forgetting it was common courtesy to introduce yourself, especially on the phone.

Nope. Not a single clue. This guy was wasting my time.

"Two years ago, I had lost a fight to you, here in Heavens Arena." He continued. "Now, I am after revenge."

Uh... That didn't make it any clearer. The amount of people 'wanting revenge' from me was countless. How am I supposed to remember every sore loser I've beaten up? Maybe Illumi was right. Sparing people only led to more problems. From now on, I had to be more selective.

Never mind. I had to keep up the act. After all, I was Hisoka, and Hisoka was an all-knowing, widely-feared magician. Just pretend.

"I've been waiting for you." I stated in an ominous tone. That was a lie. That was a massive lie. But he didn't have to know that.

"As I thought you'd be." He replied, with an air of self-importance. "But let me warn you, I am not the same man I was two years ago."

Damn, this guy sure thinks highly of himself.

"So, what do you say?" He asked. "Are you, Hisoka Morow, the Magician, prepared to rematch Kastro?"

To be honest, I was really happy that for once, someone had addressed me correctly, as a magician. Unlike someone who insists on calling me a clown. But at the same time, who the hell referred to themselves in third person?

After hearing his name, I had a formed a vague recollection of my previous fight with this Kastro guy. If I remembered correctly, the fight didn't last too long. It was a bit one-sided, if I must say so myself. But nonetheless, I must've seen some sort of potential in him, to have granted him mercy. He better not disappoint.

"Of course." I answered calmly.

"I knew you'd agree," Kastro carried on, "so I had taken the liberty of putting both our names down for a fight, due to commence in exactly one month's time."

"Oh, my, aren't you an eager one." I chuckled through the phone. "Perhaps a little... too eager."

With that, I hung up the phone. In a month's time, Kastro would be dead. I wasn't known to spare people twice. Surely he knew that too. I could only hope that he'd actually put up a good fight this time.

I sighed, heading back to gaze out the window. The sun was now setting, casting a soft orange light on the entire city sprawled below me. From this height, the view was truly marvellous. Before I knew it, the sky had already transitioned into a dark navy, and speckles of stars began to flicker on.

Kira, won't you join me soon?

~~~~

Welcome to Heavens Arena! Thanks for reading, and hope you've enjoyed this chapter.

~ krypto