"Do you think we... nevermind" I start regretfully.

"Do I think we what?"

"No, nothing"

"No, no, keep going"

"It's a little rude"

"I won't take it badly"

I take a deep breath "Do you think you could buy some when we get home or something? 'Ma and I never get any and I know she loves Danish pastries..."

He smiles "Sure, BabyGyu! I'll tell her I thought of it myself, or else she'll probably scold you for forcing me to buy snacks"

I laugh "yeah, she definitely will"

It was soon time to start heading home. I help Yeonjun pack everything, but he doesn't let me load the car, so I watch, helpless, as he painlessly carries each bag and slips it into the car's trunk.

Soon enough, we were ready to leave. I felt sad leaving the stars behind, but at least I got good memories from it.

Yeonjun and I kept talking during the entire ride home. We stopped at the bakery to get the pastries and I thanked Yeonjun endlessly. When we reached my house, I didn't want to go home anymore.

Yeonjun got me out of the car and went with me to the door, where 'Ma was already waiting.

"Hey boys! How was your trip?"

"So great 'Ma!" I say, hugging her.

Yeonjun clears his throat as he approaches 'Ma.

"My parents told me to get you this before coming back" he says as he hands her the bag of pastries. 'Ma looks at them with little stars in her eyes.

"Thank you, Yeonjun, thank your parents for me too. Thank you so much!"

"She loves pastries" I tell Yeonjun, as if I didn't give him the information early today.

It's soon time for Yeonjun to leave, and I don't want to let him go. But I have to, so I watch as he approaches me softly, wanting to kiss me goodbye.

"There's 'Ma" I whisper, frightened.

"She already knows" he says as he kisses my lips.

But I can't get myself to kiss back, not when there's 'Ma behind us.

'Ma clears her throat. "Get a room guys!" She says, laughing. We both look at her, embarrassed, as Yeonjun apologizes and leaves. 'Ma is the one who tells me that I'm crying.

I'm crying because I'm sad. Because I already miss him.

"I miss my baby" I say, turning to ask for a hug.

'Ma laughs as she hugs me. "It's been two minutes!"

"It's enough for me to miss him. He's a wonderful person you know?"

"I know, Beomgyu, and I'm sure he takes very good care of you"

I sigh before answering "Yes, if only you knew how cautious he is with me. When we were at the campsite, he didn't want me to carry anything because he thought it was too heavy for me. He treats me like I'm the most fragile being in the world and for some reason I'm not even complaining"

"You're so deeply in love with him, Beomgyu" 'Ma says.

"I used to wait for death to take me away. I felt like a burden, mom. But now I wish there was a cure for ALS. I don't want to die anymore. I want to stay with Yeonjunie" I say, tears streaming down on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Beomgyu. I really wish this hadn't happened to you"

"But I shouldn't be thinking about that. After all, I still got over a year to live, which means over a year with him! And maybe even more, because it's just an estimation, and I feel fine!" I say excitedly.

"Let's see if you say the same thing tonight when you'll be very tired and your words will slur" she says, as if challenging me.

"Yesterday night I was tired but I could talk normally, you know?" I answer proudly.

She chuckles "That's good, Beomgyu, that's good"

I hug her again as I see the sun's light turn yellow. Yeonjun had stayed until 5pm, and now the sun was setting.

I looked up at 'Ma. Under the yellow light of the setting sun, she looked even prettier than she usually did, and I started thinking about how Yeonjun would look under the setting sun. I smile at 'Ma, whisper a short "I love you', and hold her close

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm proud of my ending

By the way, remember how two days ago in my last update I said I got 300 reads and 30 votes...?

In two days, y'all made this book go up to 400 reads and 40 votes I love you so much <3<3<3<3