"Whenever it was our day he never celebrates with me,he's always drinking with friends and would stumble in drunk each night," she weeps, I soothe her trying to calm her down.
"It's all dads fault he's to blame for his actions. If he had just groom him in the right way and stop working so much he wouldn't be like the way he is now" she's now on my lap crying her eyes out as I hush her.

How was Brent's childhood really? When has he began acting like this?
Is him not having a father figure around makes him what he is now?
All these unanswered questions in my head,my heart weeps for them, Bri has cried so many times because of him and it aches. He loathes himself and the world so much all because he had no guidance.

I picture a little Brent by himself thinking dark lonesome thoughts. It's mind chilling, I think if only I can make him see the light in himself he would stop self loathing and come out of the dark.
You both aren't on speaking terms remember.
My overly annoying subconscious reminds me and I blow down.

Bri lifts her head from my lap and wipes her nose on the napkin she got from Macdonalds. I crinkle my nose in a funny way to lighten up the moment and she laughs and hit my shoulder playfully.
"Ready to go?" Her voice is hoarse. I nod as she starts the ignition and drives off.

The drive home is filled with Bri's music and loud singing and her asking me to join in some of the times. She cheers up pretty fast and I'm glad,my thoughts are wild on one person.....Brent.
Why do I care for him so much when he made it clear he doesn't care for me?
It's something called love.
My subconscious teases,a giddy feeling takes over my stomach as I think about the possibility that I might be in love with Brent.

So much for you telling him to promise never to fall in love with you.
She mocks and I shut her off. Bri pulls up in my driveway.
"Do you wanna sleep over at my house tonight?" She asks taking me out of my foolish thought.
"I'm not so sure Bri" I tell her. She sighs over and over again pouting and I can't help but laugh at her.

"You're lucky that I love you" I warn her. She follows me out of the car and into my house. I told him I would stay away from him yet here I am packing clothes to go to Bri's house where he is. Possibilities are that he goes to a party or he'll avoid me. The mention of a party in my head makes my stomach drop.

"Ready?" Bri ask and I nod. She exits the room before me while I call dad.
"Hey honey" he shouts over the loud chattering in the background,he sounds busy I'll have to go and help out tomorrow.
"Hey dad, I'm going to sleepover at Bri's tonight" I announce.
"Sure have fun but not too much fun" he warns and I chuckle.
"Yeah,yeah" I exaggerate hanging up the phone and meet Bri outside.
......
"Mom's at work so make yourself at home" she takes my bag and walk up to her room. I decided to sit down on the couch and take in the beauty of the place. It's tidiness,fresh flowers,fire place everything about it is so spectacular.

I hear footsteps coming down the hall,I turn to look if it is Bri.
"That was q-" I'm silenced by the figure that emerges instead of Bri's. His eyes dart up to me, I gulp swallowing the bile that's threatening to rise. When I look at him all I can see right now is a little mislead boy now a man who just needs to come to the light.

I strain my eyes away from his and he continues down the hallway in his signature look full black. His hair is messy but fits him well. He takes his keys from the key holder near the door, then grips the handle of the door knob. His head moves to the side downwards and I quickly look elsewhere, he opens the door and walks out taking his unique smell with him. I sigh resting my head back on the couch.

Brent's POV

I walk into my closet and take out a black shirt and jeans that mom washed today before she left. I put my feet in my black boots,then rake my finger through my hair. It's still messy but I don't give a shit, I retrieve my phone from my unmade bed then move over to my dresser. I spray the cologne on my shirt and leave the room.