Chapter 10

Phoebe's POV

I drop in my bed after a very busy day at the diner. My father is already asleep but I'm ready to go bed as yet. I take a quick shower, put on my comfy pj which consists of a red shirt and white leggings I catch up my hair in a bun then walk downstairs with my phone.

I retrieve a juice from out of the fridge and walk to the couch. A few minutes after scrolling through IG an unknown caller ID pops up on my phone. I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

Who could this be?
I thought long and hard remembering that I gave Kyle my number today at the diner just to prove I could be cool,I guess.

"Hello" I greet the person who could be Kyle on the other end.
There's no answer.
"Hey Phoebe" I hear a familiar voice answer after a few seconds, followed by rumbling.

"Sorry about that it's me Kyle" he replies and I nod my head even though he cannot see me.
"I know"I reply
"So....what's up?" He questions, I have never had a conversation with a boy on my phone and it's making me really nervous.

"I-Im ok" I stutter. He chuckles.
"No need to feel nervous Phoebe it's just a friendly convo" I clear my throat taking a few deep breaths before talking again.
"I know it's just that it's my first time talking to-" he cuts me off.

"....a male" he finishes my sentence. "Yeah" I breathe. It is quite on my side but his is noisy.
"Ignore the background I'm at a party with Brent and the others" as soon as he called his name my heart begins to race.

"O-oh" I say trying to sound like I'm not fazed when I really am. "No need to be afraid of him he's just difficult and different than others in his own way" he says laughing slightly.
"Are you trying to make him look good?" I arch my eyebrow.

"No....we aren't close or anything but I'm telling you this based on what I see" he chuckles humorously. A chain of cuss words on the other end followed by Kyle's laughter made me curious to who it is.

"Pardon my dear friend's behavior he seems angry" Kyle says mockingly.
"What's wrong dude?" I hear him ask the guy. "Don't you ever learn to mind your God damn fucking business" he hisses and I immediately notice the tone of voice. I gulp at his ignorance even though we aren't even face to face.

"Gee bro it was just a question" I hear Kyle say to him. "Whatever!!" Brent spits then the shattering of glass makes me gasp. "Who the fuck is that?!" He shouts. "Gee bro you need to stop drinking" Kyle's tone is more serious.

"My business you didn't want me to know yours" Kyle hisses. "Fuck off" Brent cusses. "Sorry about that,yeah" his thick accent is sincere. "It's ok...is he ok?" I ask out of curiosity. "He's just pissed over something right now don't worry about it" he brushes it off.

"Are you ok?" I ask. "Always" he replies. He's too nice to be friends with someone like Brent who doesn't like a soul. A yawn escapes my lips and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand. I immediately feel my cheeks becoming heated.

"Sorry" I squeak. "It happens no need to feel insecure" he chuckles. We spend another ten minutes talking about random stuff afterwards before I told him 'goodnight'. Brent's ignorant voice couldn't seem to get out of my head no matter how hard I try.
—————-
Brent's POV

I find myself at Tye's party after eating at the diner. "I'm gonna go get a drink want one?" Kyle asks. "Yeah" I walk towards the kitchen passing sweaty drunken bodies, finding my way into the fridge retrieving a bottle of Devil Springs Vodka.

"Can you handle that?" He asks eyeing the bottle. "I've had stronger" I shrug making my way to the couch while pulling the bottle at the same time. A few persons were playing pong and some where playing some spin the bottle shit.

"Wanna join?" A pink hair girl with big bright eyes asks me. "No" I say simply. "Come on bro don't be a wuss" Dean who just entered the room says. "I said no" I'm getting irritated by the second. "You're such a party pooper" a burnet with blue eyes whines and so did the other four.

"Fuck off" I huff taking a swing from my vodka,I relish the taste and burning sensation it gives as it goes down my throat. "Chill man" Dean but's in. "Fuck off Dean" I growl I can't stand his presence he's sickening. I look around the room and I haven't seen Kyle since he went for a drink, not like I care.

"Or what?" He asks standing in front of me. I rise from my chair and gulp down the rest of the alcohol inside the bottle. I tower over him by approximately four inches, he stiffens looking a bit intimidated by my height.

"Or I'll beat the living shit out of you because I'm really in the mood for destruction" I threaten balling my fists tightly at my side. People start to gather around and cheering for a show to entertain their sorry asses.

"Forget you man" he turns around and starts walking off then turns back around with a balled fist. But my quick reflex catches his fist in no time. I squeeze it mercilessly and watch as he grunts in pain. Being the fool he is he swings his other hand which ended up in my jaw.

He smirks and starts tackling me to the ground,before he got the chance I swing my hand back and fist him in the gut. He lets go off of me and I fist him once, twice, thrice in the face until blood started to run down his cheeks to his black shirt.

The commotion still went on when he gave me an upper cut that didn't even hurt but made my nose bleed. "You hit like a fucking baby" I tease him as I hold his neck underneath my arm pit and start feeding his face. I felt an arm pull me from him and watch as he stumbles to the ground unconscious.

"Fuck's wrong with you Brent you could've killed him!!" Tye shouts. "Warn him the fuck next time not to push me" I growl and walk out, every one made way for me to pass. I grab a piece of hand towel from a counter and exit the door slamming it on my way out.

I start cussing a chain of expletives as anger pulses through my veins. "Pardon my dear friend's behavior he seems angry" Kyle says mockingly. He's lucky that he's on the fucking phone or else I would've slammed his damn head on the car door.

"What's wrong dude?"he asks. "Don't you ever learn to mind your God damn fucking business" I hiss causing him to put his hands up in surrender. "Gee bro it was just a question" he remarks,I roll my eyes. "Whatever!!" I spit, taking an alcohol bottle from off of my car and flinging it against some stone.

A gasp comes from the phone and I snatch my head towards it. Kyle mouths a 'Don't even think about it'. Who the hell is he giving orders to.
"Who the fuck is that?!!" I shout. "Gee bro you need to stop drinking" he says in a somewhat serious tone.

"My business you didn't want me to know yours" he hisses like a bitch. "Fuck off"I cuss opening my car door.
"Sorry about that,yeah" he says to the person on the other end. "It's ok....is he ok?" I stop in my tracks as I hear her voice. Even in my drunken state I can still recognize her annoying tone.

Why does she even care if I'm ok. After they stopped talking I turn to him. "What did you talk about?" I ask arching an eyebrow. "Nothing man" he says while entering the car. "Plus she surely isn't interested in me and neither am I interested in her she's just a friend" he shrugs. For some weird ass reason I feel selfishly relieved when he said that.

"Why did you ask?....and why is your face faint black and blue?" He questions. There he goes with all the questions again. "If you weren't busy chatting away you would've heard the commotion" I roll my eyes.

"Don't tell me you got into a fight when you're drunk" he sighs. "I can handle myself and my drinking" I hiss stopping at his gate. "I know man but still...see you tomorrow" he says exiting my car. I start driving back home stupidly thinking about what she asked Kyle.

As I enter the house my mother starts scolding me about going to parties and coming in late. I ignore her and went to bed.

What do you think about Brent's bad boy behavior?