Chapter 32

Brent's POV

Sunday~My phone chimes on the table indicating that I have a message. I retrieve it and look at the notifications. My stomach churns in disgust and I lay my phone back on the table turning it down this time. That fucking Evan girl won't stop bothering me can't she get the fact that she's not appealing to me again. Rolling my eyes I head down stairs and into the kitchen.

"I'm going to a formal dinner with a co-worker tonight and I won't be back until late so take care" mom says to me and Bri leaving in a hurry. I open the fridge in search of something to eat. Fucking Great. I slam the fridge door and retrieve my car keys from the key holder and block out my sisters damn annoying voice scolding me for slamming the fridge. I back up out of the driveway and onto the residential road.
"Shit" I curse under my breath. I left my phone on the table in my room and I'm not turning back. I stop at the red light waiting impatiently for the damn old man to cross the road. Ugh. It felt like hours before the light turn green and when it finally did I turn on another street and decided to go to a diner downtown. I finally reached the damn diner and push open the door. The annoying bell above the damn door ring and a few heads snap towards me. I roll my eyes in annoyance and take a seat at table three. I have been here before with Kyle but I can't quite put my finger on it. Speaking of Kyle we haven't been hanging out as much because he has a girlfriend now and I don't have a problem with that.

"Good morning. What can I get you?" A voice ask. I look up at the blonde hair woman standing in front of me with a notepad in her hand and a smile on her face.
"An omelette and coffee" I reply and she nod and walk off. I watch as she disappear into thin air. I look around the place that has brick walls then to the concrete floor then to the wooden chairs and tables with flowers;salt and sugar on top of them and behind the counter where a man stood taking orders for the persons who are ordering takeout. A few posters and a big menu board is at the front of the counter.

"Here you go sir one omelette and a cup of coffee" the same woman who took my order earlier say repeating my order and it irritates me. I nod and she dismisses herself. After eating I call over the same woman who is now balancing two plates on both hands; for my bill. Great. I roll my eyes and sit back in the chair.
"Here is your bill sir" a too familiar feminine voice say and I look up to see a bright toothy almost blinding smile from Phoebe. I knew I recognized the place earlier but now I know why. Her father owns the place. That's why it said Carmel's Diner at the front. Genius. I roll my eyes at my own stupidity.
"Well someone's not a morning person" she says frowning. I take the bill from her and give her the amount the bill said. I stand up slowly making the chair scrap on the floor giving off an awful sound.
"Be ready by one" I say walking out leaving her even more confused than ever. I drive back home and head to my room and as I open the door my phone chimes. I reach over to the table and pick it up.

Kyle:Hey bro what's up?

                                  Me:Nothing

Kyle:There's a party tonight at Tye's house.

                                   Me:ok

Kyle:You coming?

                                 Me:Yeah I guess

I reply and place my phone in my jeans pocket then head downstairs. Where's Bri anyways? Shrugging I open the fridge and retrieve a bottle of water and sit on one of the chair around the island. My phone rings. Fuck.
I furiously take out my phone and press the green button then place it to my ear.
"What?!" I ask aggressively.
"Gee what the hell is wrong with you? I'm not ready to wear a hearing aid any-"
"What do you want Evan" I growl.
"Can we meet up at our regular spot" she purr through the phone. My stomach turns entirely and I want to throw up. What the fuck did I get myself into. You were warned. I roll my eyes at my subconscious.
"Didn't I make it damn clear that I want nothing to do with you stop calling my fucking phone and look another man to fuck whore" I spit and hang up the phone then delete her number. I throw the empty bottle in the bin and head out.
....
"Ready?" I ask her and she nods.
"Yeah" she replies and we head to the car. I start the engine and start driving onto the residential road.
"So where are we going?" Phoebe asks. She loves asking questions and it's annoying.
"Where do you think?" I ask answering her question with a question. I roll my eyes and focus on the long road ahead.
"Are you alright?" She asked out of curiosity. I keep silent.
"Brent" she calls and I ignore her. She folds her arms and huff sitting back if that's even possible in the seat. I shake my head at her childish behavior and park at the roadside. I grab my sweater from the dash board then open the door and came out followed by her. I start walking with her close by until we reach our spot. I sit on the the rock and take deep breaths. The air is a little chilly but refreshing at the same time. She sits beside me rubbing her small palms against her hands.