Chapter One

"What lesson do I have next?" I asked My friend Esme as we finished shoving our books into our lockers. I don't think I ever kept track of what lesson I had, I was forever losing my time table sheet and couldn't keep track of the days. As to why Esme wasn't only just a best friend but a walking schedule for me. We slammed our lockers shut almost in sync as she replied.

"Well I have History," She told me as we walked down the school corridors. "So you'll have music,"

"I hate music," I scowled.

"You hate everything,"

"That's not true, everything just hates me,"

"What's the difference?"

"Everything,"

"Mallory you have no idea what you're talking about,"

"I never do," I laughed slightly. "I hate that darn stupid music teacher though, and I know she hates me just as much. Old fucking hag,"

She walked in to me nudging me slightly as we walked trying not to laugh at my comment. "Mal don't be mean,"

The bell rung as I looked over at Esme sadly. "I'll see you after music, that is if I don't die,"

She sighed before waving me off and walking separate ways. Sometimes I wonder why she still puts up with me, or anyone does for that matter. I am quite the pain as all my teachers like to put it.

I've been put into multiple programs for my Inappropriate behaviour and yet all have seemed to fail. I was literally the kid they told the new students to stay away from. Because my ways were rubbing off apparently on those around me.

I'm not quite sure yet why teachers themselves are aloud to cast aside a student just for behavioural problems, but I wasn't afraid to be casted aside. Actually I very much preferred it on the side. I was very much a my way or get fucked type of person.

I walked into the classroom that was beginning to feel more and more depressing to me. this was very much the class I hated the most, the one I was failing miserably at. and yet I did not care. Music sucks, I enjoy listening to it. not learning about it.

I looked at the front of the room, our teacher hadn't made it in yet. she was a small witchy like old women, who hated me greatly. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out she had cursed me with bad luck for the rest of my life. She sort of resembled the old women the evil witch in snow white portrayed when feeding her a poisonous apple, but she doesn't take that such as a compliment.

I took a seat besides, wouldn't quite say friend but more acquaint, Victoria. or as I called her Vee.

"Where is she?" I asked Vee looking over at the teachers empty desk in confusion.

"What we're having a girl teacher?" she asked. I turned away from the front and looked at her. still with a confused expression.

"Wha?"

"What?"

"What are you on about?"

"Our new teacher?" she asked me, trying to set of some bells in my head. but I still didn't realise what an earth she was trying to suggest. "We're having a new teacher, I was-"

"-We are!?"

she laughed slightly at my excitement before nodding. my opportunity to celebrate was cut off way too soon as the rooms doors opened and everyone looked over eagerly to see who are new teacher was.

"Oh its you," I disappointedly sighed looking over at only one of my fellow classmates, Tyler, who had walked in.

"Thanks Mal." he smiled sarcastically before taking his seat on the row behind me. I turned around to look at him.

"Don't mention it,"

"You know you love me really," He winked.

"Your ego is so high, you should really climb up and j-"

before I could even finish my smart comment to Tyler. A loud and annoyed sounding male voice cut me off.

"-Be quiet!"

I most literally jumped in my seat as I spun around to look at the front of the class.

Oh he wasn't an old hag at all... he stood looking over at me. Wearing black skinny jeans, red converse and a black polo shirt. his hair was black and shaggy as it hanged in front of his eyes, which may I mention were still on me.

"Jeez, no need to shout." I winced rubbing my ear.

"Name?" he asked.

"Mallory Valentine, but I'm sure they had already spoken my name in the staff base. so my introduction might be a little unnecessary,"

"Mallory? Odd name,"

"Sure is, means unfortunate one. And I'm starting to see why." I smirked, looking him up and down. Maybe I was just testing my waters first. See how far I can push this guy before he breaks.

"If it's the satisfaction of knowing you're a well known pain in the ass Miss Valentine then yes, I've heard of you. But I can assure you, you wont be getting away with anything in my class,"

"What makes you so sure sir?"

"Because I'm not a pushback." He almost smirked to me. before taking a seat behind the desk as his eyes finally realised me from their gaze and looked around the whole of the class. Almost as if he was observing what he would be dealing with for the next god knows how long. "I'm Mr Armstrong." He finally introduced. "I'll be your new music teacher and I wont be putting up with any sort of stunts,"

This guys so serious, how boring. "So you've said." I Muttered under my breath looking away from him as I rested my chin on my hand.

"Detention," I heard him say, the word grabbing my attention as I looked back at him. Realising he was talking to me. a smug grin on his face.

"What!?"

"I'll see you after school, you've scored a detention,"

I guess he wasn't lying when he warned me he wasn't a pushback. Maybe this guy did mean shit. but that didn't mean I wont have my fun.

"Cant wait," I smiled back, watching him become confused. "I'll see you there Mr Armstrong,"