Chapter Thirty Nine

Billie stood beside his bed, his day clothes already on. I could tell he'd already showered since his hair was still slightly wet, hanging a little over his forehead. His arms were folded firmly as he looked down at me.

I, who was still laying lazily in his bed, looked back up at him with a groan. "What Billie?"

"Get up,"

"Five more minutes," I mumbled, placing my arm over my own eyes.

Quickly feeling my arm tugged back, I looked at Billie who took my hand and pulled me into a sitting up position. I huffed again looking back at him. "What is it,"

"You've got your graduation to go to,"

"Psh- I'm not going,"

"What!?"

I squinted back at him confused. "What?"

"Mallory you can't not go- it's graduation!"

I threw myself back into the mattress with a third groan. "You sound like Esme," I muttered afterwards.

"Get up." He sighed, picking my hand up again as he pulled me back to sitting up. "You've got to go. You need your degree,"

Funny enough, after all the if, buts and maybes of me possibly graduating this year. I was. Making a few phone calls in our free time yesterday, we had found out I had finally done it.

And like Billie, with the news. I really wasn't really that much excited.

I guess I knew I'd graduate this year. That or I would've failed school. I had already been held back enough.

"We can just pick it up later," I waved him off, attempting to lay back down, but Billie pulled me back before my back even hit the mattress.

"No- you've got to collect it at graduation,"

"Aww Billie, can't I just skip it?"

"You wanna skip?"

"I don't wanna go!" I whined, sounding like a child. "Most of those teachers didn't even think I would. I hate mostly all the students and it's just such a waste of time,"

He stared at me for a few silent seconds. Thinking about whatever, assuming it was what I'd just said. Although I could tell he wasn't too happy with my choices of wanting to skip it, he must've come to the realisation in his brain storm that there was nothing he really could've said to change my mind.

"I guess I should've seen it coming," He shrugged with a tiny smile. "Now get up, you got a shift at the café in half hour,"

~

After completing my shift at the Café, Billie came and picked me up. My shift had taken over my graduation, orignally Billie wanted me to ring up and cancel today's shift to attend grad, but of course I didn't go.

I finished up wiping the last table with a sigh, before looking over at Lana who had her faces stuffed into a magazine behind the till. Waiting for more customers too come in.

"Think I'm done." I spoke out, dropping the cloth on the table.

She looked up at me and over at the tables, nodding confirming I was done for the day as I sighed in relief. Taking my apron off as she looked back down at her magazine.

"What happened to graduation?" She asked randomly.

I looked back at her confused. But her eyes were still down on the pages. "How do you know about graduation?"

She shrugged. "Some staff cancelled to attend, did you not graduate?"

She mustn't of been that interested. Maybe just nosy, since her eyes were still reading the latest fashion weeks outfits.