Rotten to the Core

Based on what some of you said on Friday and how I felt the chapters would flow best I decided to post an extra part this week! Yay!

Your POV 

Johnny put his arm around me. "Come, let's check out the dorms." In an effort to change the subject, he began talking about Ben's pairings. "Can you believe who Ben is making me share a room with?"

"Who? It's not Chad is it?"

"No, thankfully not - although I think I wouldn't need to worry about that, he'd request a switch the moment he realized he had to bunk with a pirate. I need to share a room with Sil - son of Slightly the Lost Boy!"

"You have to share a room with the son of a Lost Boy?" Uma laughed. "Good luck."

"Do you know him?" Johnny asked me.

"Not really, we might have crossed paths at some point in time, but I wouldn't know him from Adam to tell you the truth. Do you guys know him?"

"Not him, but we'd always hear tales about how the children of those nasty Lost Boys are grubby, messy, and childish - just like their parents!" Johnny shook his head. "He better keep his end of the room clean and stay out of my way when I'm trying to work or I'll show him!"

Uma gave him a look.

"I'm just kidding, of course."

"Johnny, I don't think you could hurt a fly - even if you tried," I added - hoping to bring some comfort to Uma, who seemed unsure. "His name is befitting the son of a Lost Boy though - it literally means 'of the forest'!" I tried to take the subject off of Johnny.

We reached the dorms, and C.J.'s information proved to be correct. At the other end of the hall stood Harry, casually leaning against the wall, Lydia beside him. No more wasting time - you need to face him.

I walked up to the pair, Uma and Johnny next to me. I felt my left hand shaking, but grasped it quickly with my right - in an effort to stop it, or at least hide it.

"Harry, what's going on?" I maintained solid eye contact with him as I awaited an answer - but I already felt a shift. He didn't seem like the Harry I met the night of the celebration, or even on Uma's ship all that time ago - when he was still 'evil'.

"Nothing's going on - I'm just ... making new friends."

It was Uma's turn. "Why did you say you were with (y/n) when you weren't? And why are you being so secretive when it comes to her?" Uma motioned to Lydia, who stood awkwardly at the side, looking confused.

She took this as an opportunity to speak up. "Harry, you haven't told her yet? Let's quit playing games, it's about time she knows." Her voice was as melodic as before, but there was a slight catch in the last statement.

"Know what Harry?" My heart raced - and I knew it wouldn't stop until I knew exactly what was going on.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes. "Can we talk in your room?"

I was taken aback by the tone and hesitated a second.

"Well?"

"Yeah, of course." It was just a few doors away, and I began to walk there. Lydia whispered something in his ear before heading in the opposite direction, quite clearly not wanting to be any part of this.

"I'd like to talk to (y/n) alone." He glanced at Johnny and Uma.

"I'm really fine if they're there," I added quickly. In reality, I felt more secure with them there. Power in numbers.