Hanging The Stars.

Inspired by sunshine712
On Ao3.

Kate watches as Brandon gets flogged by girls. Today they were supposed to hang out. The ass’s words not mine. Yet here he is, hanging out with most of the female population of our school.

I wonder what colour T-shirt he is wearing.

Kate feels the telltale sign of prickling in his eyes. Of all times, it has to happen now.

He wills himself to not let it show. To keep it in until he can go homes and luckily luck is on his side this time. 

Just in time too because Brandon is making his way over. Kate rubs his eyes clean before leaning against the wall, trying to look cool. He ends touching a fresh chewing gum on the wall causing him to shriek in disgust before falling flat on his face since gravity is a b*tch.

Screw that. Luck is not on his side. Its loss anyway.

“Kate?! Are you okay?”

“Oh I am absolutely fine. So fine that gravity fell for me- Asshole! I just fell on my beautiful face and you ask me am I fine?”

He just chuckles, and Kate can feel his heart do the weird thing again. Brandon extends a hand which Kate takes, yanking himself up from the ground.

Brandon’s eyes seem to be stuck on his ass. Nothing suprising there. 

It's the fact that he has the f*cking balls to try and grope Kate in broad daylight that pisses me off. Kate slaps his hand away and the public offender yelps like a puppy denied its favourite treat.

“Why did you hit me? I am just trying to get the gum that’s on your pants.”

Oh no. don’t tell me-

“Don’t tell you what? That you have gum on your pants?”

“Why don’t you say it a bit louder for those that haven’t heard you yet?”

Brandon smiles that-stupid- smile of his.

“We still have a few minutes before my sister is back home and we have to go there too so how about we make a quick stop at your place so you can get your pants changed?”

Kate nods and walks off in the direction of his house. He knows Brandon will follow him so he doesn’t bother checking if he is there.

Alas- He forgot that luck had forsaken his b*tch ass a long time back.

Kate ends up tripping one more time, his shoelace suddenly untied-when did that happen- falls on his ass. Then get some of the fallen leaves on the pavement stuck to the gum-autumn. You just gotta love autumn- which he tries to get.

He forgets that he is in front of the house with that one rabid dog that barks at everything that gets too close. The dog barks, scaring the ever living shit out Kate making him turn and run backwards onto the road.

Kate has the memory of a goldfish so he forgets that he just ran on to the road and gets a wake up call from mother flowering life as a car literally comes crashing through the fence killing the dog-deserved- and at him.

He being the dumb scared idiot he is, freezes up on the spot cause his brain said  I am going to forget my flight or fight instinct. 

Luckily Brandon is there to save the day like the prince he is.

He yanks Kate towards him, chest to back and watches as the car zooms by them.

Wow. Even death said I am leaving this shit show.