Chapter 7

Spencer and his team were at the office and Hotch was going to be questioning Spencer about Audrey and how it could have led to her abduction. Hotch and Spencer sat down in a room.

"Okay Reid tell me everything about Audrey." Hotch spoke, "you know her better than any of us."

Spencer held onto the fawn stuffed animal, "where do I start?"

"Is she socially active at school? Is she in any clubs?" He asked.

Spencer thought for a moment, "she's very smart like me. She always gets good grades. She didn't join any clubs because she told me they were overrated."

"Try to think back on days or nights that you 2 hung out. Think of the places you went. Were there any particular places she wanted to go?" Hotch asked.

Spencer closed his eyes to try to think of any places that would stand out to him. Until finally, a memory clocked in.

"She wanted to go to a bowling alley when I told her I had a day off." Spencer spoke, keeping his eyes closed.

"Was it during the day or night?" Hotch asked.

"Night. She loved the disco lights that would come on for night bowling." Spencer answered, "It was Friday night and she was wearing the top I got her. She wasn't excited about getting gifts but she was happy that I got it for her. It definitely made her stand out of the crowd."

"Did anyone approach her?" Hotch asked.

"It was my turn to bowl and I noticed that Audrey got distracted by someone." He answered.

"Can you describe the person?"

"It was a guy; Caucasian, short blonde hair, green eyes, and looked about maybe a year older than Audrey." Spencer answered.

"Did she know him?" Hotch asked.

"No. . . ."

"Hey!" The boy called out to Audrey as Spencer took his turn to bowl.

Audrey walked over to him. He smiled at her.

"I just wanted to say you look adorable in that top." He told her.

"Oh thanks." She replied, "my brother got it for me."

He held out his hand, "I'm Austin."

She shook his hand, "Audrey."

"They just met that night." Spencer finished.

"When did you step in?" Hotch asked.

"After he tried to lure her out of the bowling alley. . . ."

"Hey do you wanna go to my place? Maybe drink some hot chocolate and watch Netflix?" Austin asked.

"Um actually-"

"What's going on here?" Spencer asked as he walked up to them.

"Uh who are you?" Austin asked with an annoyed tone.

"I'm her brother. The real question is, who are you?" Spencer glared at him.

"Austin was just complimenting on the top you got me." Audrey spoke.

"And I was offering that her and I go back to my place for hot coco and Netflix." He added.

"She won't be going anywhere with you tonight." Spencer glared at him as he gently placed his hand on Audrey's shoulder and walked back to their lane.

"He gave me death glares for the rest of the night we were there." Spencer said as he opened his eyes, "that's all I can remember who walked up to her."

"We'll have Garcia look up what she can on this Austin guy." Hotch replied as he stood up and walked away.

Spencer felt fear run through his veins as he could only imagine what would've happened to his sister if he let her go with Austin that night.

Audrey woke up in the basement again. Only this time, barbwire was wrapped around her wrists and ankles.

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me yet." Austin smirked as he sat in front of her.

"How the hell would I know you?" She snarled.

"Bowling alley night." He answered, "you wore that cute top."

Audrey gasped, "Austin."

"Correct." He smirked as he pulled out the pills and a knife.

"Get the fuck away from me." Audrey growled.

He jabbed her with the knife. She screamed out in pain.

"Sorry to break it to you, sweets. But your brother isn't here and he's never coming. So I can do whatever I please." He smiled wickedly, "Now take these pills."

"Fuck off." Audrey growled.

Austin grabbed her throat and shoved 6 pills into her mouth. He then poured water down her throat and held his hand over her mouth.

"Swallow." He demanded.

Audrey shook her head no. Austin forcefully made Audrey tilt her head up and massaged her throat until the pills went down her throat. Audrey coughed violently as Austin tore off a new piece of duct tape.

"What's going to happen to me?" She coughed.

"Soon you'll pass out. And I'll experiment to see if you'll ever wake up." He answered.

"I won't pass out." Audrey argued.

Austin picked up the bottle, "I beg to differ because what you swallowed was 6 Benadryl's. I will break you, Audrey. And I'll make sure you will never be the same."

Suddenly, Audrey felt her eyelids begin to drop. She struggled and fought to keep them open. Austin placed the tape over her mouth.

"Relax Audrey. . . .sleep. Because this probably be the last goodnight sleep you get for the rest of your life." Austin told her.

Audrey tried to keep her eyes open. But her body shut down and she passed out of the floor, leaving an exciting sight for Austin to see.