"Maybe talking to her would help? I don't know, asking her about her past?" Aiden suggested.

"I'm not sure she would tell me a lot, man. We are friends, but she keeps many things to herself."

"You might think you are friends," the guy said. "But there's more to it, Liam. "

I said nothing, drinking my beer and trying to enjoy the evening.

It didn't take long for exhaustion to kick in. We walked to the hotel where we'd checked in earlier. Aiden wished me good night and went to his room at the end of the hallway.

I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. Aiden was right. I should've talked to Sky. I should've probably insisted and made her tell me what happened for her to panic like that.

But now, as I kicked off my sneakers and flopped down on the huge bed, I could only think that I missed her more than I thought I would. Our last night together hadn't left my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about her kisses or the way she leaned into me, surrendering to my hands while I touched her. Sky was beginning to trust me, and I didn't want to lose that. I was afraid of going back to misunderstandings and assumptions.

I told myself I wouldn't do it, but I grabbed my phone and pulled up the messaging app.

Me: I called you, sweetheart. Hope everything is okay.

Swearing under my breath, I typed another message.

Me: Can't stop thinking about you. I miss you.

Ellie and I were sitting on the fluffy carpet in her bedroom, cross-legged, with a box of pizza on the floor between us and wine in our glasses

I needed this girls' night with her. Used to keeping everything bottled up inside, I didn't usually share what was on my mind. Tonight, I wanted to make an exception.

"I wanted to ask you about something," I began.

Ellie stopped chewing her pizza and grabbed a napkin, wiping at her mouth before she said, "Yeah?"

"You're such a lady, Elizabeth." I giggled. "Classy even when you eat junk food in your PJs."

Ellie scrunched up her nose. "I know. Blame my mom. So, what's up?"

I tried to seem nonchalant when I said, "Remember you told me about the doctor you went to?"

Frowning, Ellie took a sip from her glass. "Sylvie?"

I nodded. "Yeah. She is a gyn, right?"

"Yeah. I told you she was the one to put me on birth control."

"I remember. Do you think I could ask her for an appointment?"

Ellie wiggled her eyebrows. "Skylar, are you and Liam finally going to give in to the temptation and make some gorgeous blond babies?"