Chapter 19: Defeat

I knew Molly was good at video games but she got even better in the months I've been gone. Molly wanted to play Apex legends. I never played but I knew the basics. It was teamwork based so she wasn't technically kicking my ass, she was just showing how awesome she was. She had gotten better at interacting with her audience while streaming too. She probably had what it took to actually make some money from streaming, but she just didnt have the fanbase. 

I finally went to bed at 8 pm. I didn't even want to think about the time difference. Molly continued playing and joined up with some of her friends. She posted the stream she did with me titled "Sister comes home and tries to get on my level of awesome." I was too tired to care.

The next morning I woke up at 7 am. It was too early for me mentally when I looked at the clock on my phone. I put my phone back down on my nightstand and roll over. I hear a loud vibration coming from it. I sigh and turn back over. It was a text from Seán. I also saw a couple from Sabine. 

Sabine just told me she missed me and hope I made it safely. I reply and assure her I miss her and I was safe.

I open Seán's message. There was a link attached. Didnt know you were going to be live on your sister's stream last night. I would've watched.

I think really hard. When did I give my sister's streaming information to him? I shrug and text back. It wasn't planned and I was sooo nervous.

I saw that my message was read a couple seconds later. I see Seán is typing a reply. I've been watching her past streams. She has a talent for it. Good gamer too.

Me: Yeah too good. I know I'm a amateur gamer with fighting games but I was horrible.

Seán: 😆 She was definitely showing off. Maybe I should challenge her

Me: you can do what you want. She is a huge fan of both you and Mark

Seán: well maybe I'll have Mark get in touch with her then. Don't want her to think her sister would give her a hand out for followers

Me: I still haven't told her about us. Although its probably  better for Mark to do it just in case she does find us out

Seán: Do you not want her to find out?

Me: I want her to become successful on her own, not because I was lucky enough to meet someone. You can just say hey mark, check out this young streamer. She seems pretty good!

Seán: That's understandable. I'll send her shit Mark's way for sure. 

A few minutes pass and I get another message. I miss you

I smile. I probably look stupid smiling, but it made me really happy. I type back. I miss you too