Deep Blue Fantasy : Merman!Tamaki Amajiki (Part Five)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"So that happened," you said, trying to piece together what he might have been trying to do.

"L-look, just . . . forget I did that." Tamaki decided he'd try a different means to ask you out, and possibly later.

"Alright."

Tamaki peeked out from between his fingers. You bent down and picked up the sponge from the ground.

You narrowed your eyes at it, and then looked back up at Tamaki. "Did you get this from the bathroom?"

"Uhh . . . yes."

"Why are you carrying around one of my sponges?"

"I—I want you to like me." Tamaki shifted his fingers so they covered his eyes again.

"So you threw a sponge at me."

"Yes."

You squinted at him, more perplexed than ever. "Is this just one of your 'I'm not going to tell you who I am' things?"

"Uh, yeah."

You sighed, giving the offending object in your fist a few quick squeezes. "Okay, then. I'll take your word for it."

Tamaki peeked out again. "You're not mad?"

You shook your head, looking back down at the sand. "I just wish I could get to know you." You turned on your heel, making your way back to your home. Tamaki stood there for a moment, letting you put some distance between yourselves before following after you. None of this was working as he had expected, and now he had no idea how to fix it.

I have to tell her. That's what she wants.

He sped up, falling into step with you.

"I'm sorry if I offended you," he said.

"It's fine. What were you trying to say?"

Tamaki took his lip between his teeth again. "Your voice is so pretty . . . . I don't know."

You smiled softly. "Thanks, I guess. I don't normally sing in front of people. Don't normally have sponges thrown at me either . . . . Is that . . . normal where you come from?"

"Yeah."

"Huh. I've never heard of it. I guess we do the same with flowers."

"You do?"

"Yeah." You glanced over and noticed Tamaki still looked troubled. "I'm not mad," you assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I think I understand."

Fear shot through Tamaki's eyes. "You do?"

"Well, I'm trying. It would help if you could tell me." You nudged him.

Tamaki sighed. "It's a long story."

You pushed your lips to the side, thinking. "Hmm. How about I show you how to make bread? That's a long process. We can talk while we do that. Sound good?"

Tamaki looked up eagerly. He had been intrigued by your talk of bread and anticipated seeing how it was made, especially if you were involved. "Yeah, that's great."

"It's settled then. I'll learn more about you, and you can learn about bread making!"

You led him back to the chateau, taking him swiftly down to the kitchens. Tamaki noticed that Gabriel was nowhere to be seen, which was a relief to him. He could talk freely around you without having to worry about the man overhearing.

You grabbed two fruits from a basket and handed one to Tamaki. It was spherical and red, and he heard a crunching noise as you bit into yours. He decided to do the same, finding the white flesh on the inside to be quite enjoyably sweet.