hospital

~Nate~

I woke up to a loud high pitcht scream, and rushed to the place I thought it came from. I was right, the bathroom. When I saw the puddle of blood on the floor I knew...
Bridgette was on the floor crying her eyes out and I nearly started to cry aswell, but I had to be strong. I had to be strong for her. So I just helped her into some sweatpants and carried her to the car. I'm pretty sure I drove over the speed limit, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get to the hospital as fast as possible. I tried to help her stop crying. I think i reminded her every two seconds about how much I loved her and no matter what I would be by her side. After a while i actually thought i was making it worse, but eventually she calmed down a little. I hated seeing her like this, in this state of sadness. Nobody deserves this especially my Bridgette, she is the most beautiful, kind and loving human being in the entire universe. I still can't understand how she could love someone like me.

***

When we received the news we dreaded, a tear started to build, to big to hold back. It rushed down my cheek, Bridgette saw and started braking down completely ...
We lost it...our baby...our precious baby...
The doctor excused herself and I just focused on my beautiful wife and tried to make her stop crying, which was hard because I couldn't hold the tears back myself.
She got transferred into a different room because they had a suspicion about something and she had to stay there until morning. I headed home to grab some stuff for the night

- toothbrush
- warm socks
- my hoodie (she likes to sleep in them)
- some clean clothes
- and some food

When I came back she was already asleep, I couldn't help but smile. Even with these terrible circumstances she  looked as beautiful as ever. I wont let her down, she helped me when I was at my darkest. I'm not leaving her ever.
I need her in my life and right now she needs me so I'm going to stay strong.