Chapter Fifteen

Diana enters Connor's trailer to find Damon still stuck in Connor's trap, she raises an eyebrow at him and crosses her arms over her chest.

"You know when I told you to stay away from Connor. I meant that in a...he has shit you haven't considered kind of way" She points out. He glares at her.

"Just get me out of here" He counters. "All I need you to do is cut out the arrow. I'd do it myself, but if I move..." Damon gently touches the string attached to the arrow buried in his thigh.

"Don't!" Diana scolds him. Damon pulls his hand away and makes a soft 'kabooming' noise to demonstrate his point. She pulls her blade from her boot and moves around him to his back. She puts the point of the knife next to the entry point of the arrow going through Damon's back. While Diana is cutting around the arrow, Damon picks up the letter from Pastor Young to April.

"You seen this?" he asks her, she hums and glances over his shoulder to see what he is talking about.

"Yeah" She answers. "Some letter from Pastor Young talking about sacrifice and war brewing in Mystic Falls." She points out.

"He didn't tell you about it?" He asks. "About this greater evil?"

"No, I told him I wanted to kill vampires and he was like; cool, welcome aboard" She points out. "But that was it" Damon snorts a little. Diana finishes prying out the arrow as much as she can to allow Damon to remove it without the bomb exploding. He lets out a breath and then removes the rest of the arrows.

"What's next?" he asks her.

"Oooh big plans" She teases. "I'm going to a party" Damon hums a little before watching her a little.

"Diana" Damon touches her arm to stop her, she turns to him. "Tell me the truth....did you kill the Council?"

"No" She answers. "I destroyed their vervain and took back my weapons.....but I didn't kill them" Damon searches her eyes to see if this is a lie, but it's not.

...........

Later; Connor is outside of his trailer, carving what looks like an adaptation of the Norse vegevisr symbol into a wooden stake. He hears Jeremy approaching and calls out to him.

"You got a vampire for me?" Connor asks him.

"No, but I know where you can find one. There's a doctor, Meredith Fell. She uses vampire blood in surgery. I think she has a deal with one, her blood for his." Connor gets up.

"You see, that's the problem. When a town protects one vampire, word spreads. More come, they feed, they turn. Soon, you got a full on infestation. Your high school, for example, is crawling with them. One's even throwing a party."

"Is that where we're going?" Jeremy asks him, Connor closes the door to his trailer and begins to walk away. Jeremy follows him.

"Nah, we're going to the hospital. If any of those people are drinking at that high school party, I've got it covered. They'll be dead by sundown." Connor points out.

...........

Diana lingers at the edges of Rebekah's party, her eyes scanning around watching, waiting. She takes a breath and looks to the backdoor where Elena and Stefan leave and head down onto the front yard. Rebekah is standing on the porch when they two pass her on their way out.

"Leaving so soon?" Rebekah asks with a fake pout. Elena stops and turns around to face Rebekah.

"No. Not just yet." Elena looks at Stefan and hands him her bag. "I never got a drink." Elena looks at Rebekah, smirking, and walks over to the keg. She places her hands on the sides of the keg but Diana is suddenly there and pulling her hands off the keg. "Excuse me" Elena scolds.