prey - kokushibou (lime)

Start from the beginning

They sickened you in a away it amused you.

"I was sent to kill you, you know." You crouched, your scabbard returning to your hip as you sheathed your sword. "But you looked so beautiful just to be killed so easily."

That eerie, smiling expression of yours sickened him. How a human like you defeat him like this make him inferior and it boil his blood so much to the point all he could think was killing you.

You saw that look in his eyes, and it pleases you.

You know he won't disappoint.

A grin grew on your lips - mocking him highly, before disappearing into the night.

Kokushibou lamented with his blood coating him like a blanket of red, thinking of who really is the demon between you two.

___

You laughed at the face of chaos and danced around his momentum as if you two practiced this fight for years - and you might've with how many times you've taunted him with your presence.

Your ways was alike a performance in a kabuki - predictable like a story but at the moment of mind's comfort will change in an actress' choice. Your permanent smile and dead eyes looked haunting as the masks on such plays and it terrified him just how free you are even if he tries to corner you.

You didn't even retreat when your blade broke into two and just merely chuckled every time his fingers grasps around the short steel.

"Why do you haunt me." He asked, not with snarl or the grunt of threat like he usually does - but he asked as if he was sharing tea with you; with a voice so calm that it broke the image of a monster in him.

He felt a pause in your movements when he spoke, and his eyebrows furrowed deeply at the mystique running rampant in that mind of yours.

You would never tell him, nor if you can; you would never find the luxury to tell him. You found that small change between you alluring, and it shows with the gaze you set on him.

The demon hesitates when he noticed that look in those (color) pools, but he did not move to attack like you've expected him - he just stared back at you with a question in his.

The two of you shared a glance with different emotions illuminating your frames - the moon's rays looked divine on your face; unscathed, cold but ethereal.

The sky made you look so heavenly, when he knows you're anything but.

Yet, that smile have grown fonder somehow - as if they turned not because they found him amusing, but they turned because of something he couldn't understand.

It must've been his eyes displaying tricks against him. Kokushibou was fast to shrug that away at the back of his mind and he raised his hand to maimed your head - but only to stop when the taste of his blood overpowered his other senses.

"Don't you think that's fascinating?" You giggled before plunging your broken nichirin in his chest at his moment of epiphany - blood dripping from his mouth on your face but you didn't wiped it away.

You easily cut off his hands that held you hostage and jumped back away from him, giving him that amusing grin that made his blood ran cold.

You spat on the ground, red mixing with silver in the moon's waxy light shines near him, but he felt more disgusted at the feelings you made him feel than that act alone.

"Don't you find it amusing that I'm only human and you're a demon, but I can still defeat you?" You asked with a hint of sublime laced in your voice.