Part 11

After all the interrogations, Seth was being interrogated.

"John. You know me. I can't...no wouldn't kidnap Harper. I'm just as worried as you are. Maybe even more so. I mean if you look at the evidence. Tommy was there when Billy died, Hugo was shot in the back with an arrow, and he always gives you stone cold glances when you turn your back so it would make sense that he would kidnap your girl." Johnny laughed. A deep throaty belly laugh, "Why are you laughing?! This is no laughing matter!" Despite his comfortable position, with his Converse propped up on the table in John's house. Seth did not move with his confusion.

"Oh no you are right..... but only that was right. The rest is .... well .... bullcrap!" Silence, "Did you think that you could throw Tommy under the bus for your dirty work. I'm disgusted with you."

"What!?! What are you talking about?!? I have analyzed the evidence so closely. It's clearly Tommy."

"See you would have convinced me there...if I had told everyone that Hugo was shot with an arrow. But I didn't. Therefore by what I had told you, you would have no way to know that Hugo was shot with an arrow unless you were there. Therefore I believe that you killed Billy, infected Tommy, Tommy killed Hugo, and you both kidnapped Harper."

"That's a far stretch. How on earth can that be possible? Where's your proof?"

"Well I'm glad you asked. Well it starts when you were not at the meeting when Harper told us that Billy was dead. Harper was woken up by Tommy, Tommy was present and you were not. Tommy wouldn't want anyone to know that he killed Billy if he had killed him. Unless he wanted to throw off the suspicion. But the thing with pressure is when the pressure is too high, something leaks. When he was under suspicion at the meeting, his ear did not drip. This you didn't know that I knew because you were not present. I would have known if he did do it or if he was infected because of what happened with Hailey. Once the pressure and suspicion got higher, she dripped gray liquid. Therefore Tommy did not kill Billy or was infected."

"But that doesn't prove that I did it."

"Ah yes but that's when Tommy went to go see you when you weren't present at the meeting. Along with the assumptions, you were not present because you would drip with the pressure. So Tommy went to see you, as far as we know he was convinced that you were not infected or killed Billy. Assuming that you left your house, you both walked to the moss room. Then for a comrade, you shoved Tommy into the moss room. Then since Harper's house was the closest, she went to investigate the commotion. I know because I saw her leave her kitchen. She went out to you both. You both then decided to kidnap her. Hugo saw this and Tommy drew his arrow and shot him. I should know, because of the way Hugo fell, how deep the arrow went in, and precision of the arrow in Hugo. Hugo fell forward meaning he was shot in the back. Only a true archer could have shot it from thirty feet away, missing the spine, (where Hugo would have lived if that's where it landed,) and striking half way into the heart of Hugo. Only half way, because of the distance and the heart is a guaranteed organ to shoot for, to kill. Also you stabbed Billy through the heart with his own horn that was ripped off. That's why I believe that an infected killer always aims for the heart and has impossible strength. Although I passed all this. What troubles me is where Harper is and what your motive is?"

"Nice digging..... but you still can't prove that I'm infected, that I killed Billy, I shoved Tommy after he talked to me or kidnapped Harper."

"Well it gets pretty easy when Alex saw a footprint of a Converse on the only grass in the hangar. And only you wear Converse. And Billy was freshly dead during the meeting. Everyone was asleep when the footprint was placed. Everyone was asleep when Billy died. So the two are connected. Therefore you killed Billy. Also Red saw you and Tommy walking towards the moss room before Hugo died. Therefore you shoved Tommy into the moss room. And on the strength an infected person has, I also say that technically Tommy kidnapped Harper."

Seth was silent awhile, then he got the courage to speak up again, "Pretty speech but you forget. You don't have proof that I'm infected. My hidden room is full of tools. Billy's horn could have been pried off by a tool instead of ripped off."

"See I would have believed that and investigated that.....if your ear hadn't been dripping." They were face to face. He stayed for one second then Seth cursed under his breath and burst out the door. Johnny chased after him. Seth ran to Hugo's house and darted into the hidden room. Seth didn't know that John was coming since his head was filled with a voice that screamed profanities at him.