Part 10

"Hailey is dead, Hugo is dead, Billy is dead, Alec is dead, Harper is missing and has been attacked, Alex has been attacked, and there are eight of us left. We have counted at least two people who have entered the moss room. There is at least one infected person left." Johnny looked out to the crowd. He told them everything so they trusted him, "I think that we know that someone is infected, firstly by their hostility but secondly and most importantly by their ears. They have gray liquid dripping from their ear if they are infected. I also believe that the liquid only drips when the host is hostile. So what I am going to do is let the infected person confront us and turn themselves in." A murmur rippled through the six person crowd. "Also interrogate everyone to find if they know anything about the moss room, where we are, or if they know anything about Harper's disappearance." Another murmur, a little louder now, "There's also some new rules." A complaining murmur. "Please everyone this is simply for our survival. Do any of you want to die by your own friend's hands." Silence. "Rule one- We are to stay in our houses unless called out by the intercom for a meeting. Rule two- The moss room is to be locked up at all times. I will be incharge of the key. Rule three- If you see,.....hear, or even think that someone is infected, outside their homes, or planning to steal this key. Tell everyone.

Rule four- there are no more personal secrets. Everything that can concern anyone is to be told." This caused many murmurs and concerned faces. "Remember Billy," silence, "he left his home. Remember Hugo, he left his home, saw the infected person, and couldn't escape. Alex, she was attacked by her own brother when he only peeked in the moss room. And sweet little Hailey. She attacked Harper and killed herself because she was so disgusted with what she had done." They understood that the rules will prevent deaths. But there were still the concerned faces. Seth, Tommy, Jeromy, and Kristen. All will be explained. "Now. Let's start with the interrogations. Red? You first."