#6 "Hiking with heels on should be a 'crime' against ankles."

Fay

Anxiety. What is it? Well, what google will tell you is that anxiety is intense stress, worry and fear, in your body and mind. Symptoms include: stomach aches, headaches, not being able to talk properly, no sleep, panic attacks and sometimes even involuntary bowel movements. Although, everyone is different and everyone has different symptoms. You see, I've been having some of those symptoms and others. During the past week nothing seems to be going my way.

First: one bright and sunny morning at the Cafe, I was given the responsibility to fill our new milkshake machine. We've recently bought it about two months ago, and it helps us make each shake abundantly lot faster. Although, unfortunately that means we must fill it with ice cream mix every few hours. This nice, quiet morning I went into the fridge and retrieved the mix. While doing that I started to think of how Eli and I only have one week until we leave for Cali. This of course, did not correspond well with my brain. 

So many anxious thoughts filled my mind like "What if Beth changes her mind once we're there? What if they don't have enough room for us to stay? What if my mother is there waiting for me? What if the plane crashes and-"

You get the point. These imbecile thoughts crowded my mind so much, that I hadn't noticed the expiration date on the ice cream mix. Therefore, many, many people experienced involuntary bowel movements. So many that we had to give out twenty-two free coupons. 

Thankfully Shelbe wasn't mad. In fact she was more worried for me, since I too drank a milkshake. All I'm going to say is that anxiety and bad milk do not mix well at all. Carry on the other hand was not happy. She was afraid it would damage our reputation and hurt our chance at opening the new store. Of course with time and a few coffee runs, she forgave me. This unfortunately was not the last accident that occurred.   

Since I've been working here at the Cafe for about a year, Shelbe had asked if I'd like to start training in the kitchen. Eli had told her that I'm a good cook and I do quite enjoy it. Naturally I said yes. The cooks and bakers were quite sweet and welcoming. It all seemed to be going well. Until this week's dreaded Wednesday. 

The morning started off normally. I woke up at 6am; made Eli and I breakfast. That day he didn't  work, and was going to focus on studying. Him and I had created a schedule, for each day. Mondays we'd target English and Mathematics, Tuesday was History, Wednesday Musical literature and it would repeat itself. He was doing a great job and quite determined. Eli wants to apply to a community college this next semester, so he's been really focused on knowing his stuff. I'm very proud of him. Shelbe being a proud and good aunt, let Eli have an additional day off during the week to study even more. He was somewhat unhappy with this idea, but I persisted. 

After making Eli and I breakfast, I left him and Robert to read all about Mozart and his legacy. The weather was warm; the sun shined bright and with no mercy. I insisted that I'd like to drive to work today. Yes, you heard me right. Drive. Eli and I have finally put together enough money to buy a car from the butterfly man Eli has been working for. It's a 2000, small grey little Honda. I love it and enjoy being able to drive place to place, rather than walk all the time. 

Of course Eli and I still walk places. We try to make sure that we're not using too much gas. That would cause us to go over our budget. Yes, we have a budget now. This helped us get our little car, save up for when Eli will attend school and also helped pay for one time Eli broke a window. That's a story for another day. 

Once I got to work the smell of eggs and bacon filled the air. People were lined up outside, excited and with empty, grumbling stomachs. Shelbe was running around to each table, greeting and chatting away with her favorite customers. James sighing, every time he'd see the line outside the door.  The newbies were nervous, yet bubbling with happiness. Most likely due to the fact, it was so busy that no one was able to stare them down. I walked into the kitchen and put on my new apron. Shelbe had my name embroidered on it. I insisted that it was fine, but once Shelbe has her mind set on embroidering something it will most certainly happen.