CHAPTER 27

Date: 6 July, 2020

A tall and broad man opened the door. Amaan smiled at him and tried his best not to look nervous.

“Yes?” The man said

“I have to talk to Faria. I know she is in there and I am here to help.” Amaan said.

“Who are you?” The man asked, completely alarmed.

“I am Amaan. Look call Faria. I have to talk to her.”

“WHAT THE HELL! HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!” Faria yelled as she walked towards them and found Amaan standing there.

“I want to help you ok? I am with you.”

“And why should I trust you? Did you frisk him?” She asked the hired goon.

He walked towards Amaan and checked him for weapons.

“He is good.” He answered.

“See? I come in peace. You want to marry Zayer. I can help you. Also they are already on their way over here. They know where you guys are.”

“What? How?” Faria screamed.

“This whole place has cameras and the guard who has access to them informed Zayer.”

Faria kicked the wall in anger. She gestured her hired goon to let Amaan in.

“Why do you want to help me though?” Faria asked as she walked back to the room where she had everyone captured. Amaan’s eyes locked on Samreen who was staring back at him with confusion. Her eyes were blood red and her cheeks were damp from excessive crying. She had obviously heard Faria’s question as the frown appeared on her face.

“Because I don’t forgive easily.” Amaan said with his eyes fixated on Samreen. “She tried to ruin my relationship with Haya once without caring about anything. I could have lost her. For Haya’s sake, I pretended to be okay with it. I asked Haya to forgive her because I care about her, but i couldn’t forgive her. Now that i finally have a chance to have my revenge, I am not missing it.”

Samreen’s eyes welled up once again. This was the last thing she wanted in that moment. Amaan was like a friend to her. And he hated her. She couldn’t blame him though. She did this to herself.

“Amaan…I—I am sorry for what I did. I really am.” She said.

“Save it Samreen.”

“Well we should leave from here. And where are those cameras? We have to disable them.”

“You can’t leave. You don’t have that much time. Plus cameras are everywhere. Find them. Also, weren’t your parents here too?” Amaan asked, looking around for the couple which gave birth to this huge trouble.

“How do you know?”

“That guard mentioned.”

“They are in other room. To take rest.”

“Ok. Look I know they are planning on getting into the house through second floor. So You should stop them right there.”

“And who is coming?”

“Zayer, Samar, Amreen, Nameer and Haya.”

“So I only have to handle two. Samar is a kid and Amreen and Haya are not really a problem.”

“You may wanna rethink that. My wife is a badass.” Amaan said and smiled. He was so proud of Haya.

“So I’ll take care of her too.”

“Don’t you dare hurt her.” Amaan warned.

“Depends on how she behaves.”

Amaan didn’t argue. Right now, he had to focus on plan. And he meant when he said Haya was a badass. He was more worried about others than her. And right then, there was a crashing sound from upstairs.

“They are here.” Amaan said.

“Fine. You all go and get them.” She ordered the armed men. After few minutes, there was a boom and bang of firecrackers, mixed with yells. Growling, Faria climbed the stairs and passed a gun to Amaan to keep an eye on everyone. When Faria disappeared, Amaan quickly moved to Samreen and untied her.

“What? What are you doing?”

“Rescuing you obviously.”

“But I thought you were with her.”

“You believed that crap? What’s wrong with you?” Amaan asked.

Samreen smiled and when she was finally out of ropes, she stood up.

“Thank you.” She smiled gratefully.

“I am so going to kill this bitch!” Nadia yelled as she walked towards Amaan and Samreen along with her family.

“Are you guys ok?”

“Well she didn’t torture us.” Numaan said and looked at Samreen.

“What did she do?” Amaan asked.

“Nothing. C’mon lets help others.”

Nadia, Nailah and Numan decided to help Samreen, Amaan and others while their parents stayed behind and called the police. Amaan also locked the door of the room where Faria’s parents were to make sure they don’t cause any trouble. How they didn’t hear so much noise, he didn’t know and didn’t care. After that, he unlocked the backdoor. Amreen, Nameer and Samar stood on the other side with more firecrackers, and all three of them had wooden planks in their hands

“What’s with the wooden planks? Amaan asked

“To hit someone.” Amreen answered

“So what was the plan exactly?” Samreen asked

“Well I was supposed to make Faria believe me so she leaves you guys alone with me and then help you all.”

“Look I know we are not outnumbered but those three guys have got guns.” Nailah said

“I got a gun too and we will figure something out.”

They walked stealthily. Amaan was in front and others were behind him.

“Zayer said he was going to enter through Nadia’s room. Which one is your room?” Amaan asked in a whisper tone.

“That one.” Nadia pointed out the room on the left side of the corridor.

They walked towards the door and stopped right there to find out what’s going on.

“You really thought you could stop us with firecrackers?” Faria seethed in anger.

“No. But it was fun when that firecracker burst in front of you and you jumped back and screamed like a mad woman. I wish I could record it.” Haya said.

“Oh Haya please don’t talk. What are you doing?” Amaan soliloquised. Behind him, Nailah and Numaan snickered and he had to shush them.

“Why Haya Why? Why do you talk so much? You know if you weren’t Zayer’s sister, I would have killed you. Sometimes, I hate you more than I hate Samreen. That’s how much you annoy me.”

“Well I don’t even waste my hatred on you.”

“Dude your wife is savage.” Numaan said

“Yeah I hope she punches her.”

“Where is Zayer?” Samreen asked

“In there.”

“Why isn’t he talking?”

“He is most probably glaring at Faria and planning her murder in his head.” Amaan replied.

“So are we just gonna stay here?” Nameer asked

“No.” Amaan said and picked up the crackers.

“Lets light them up.”

“This is so much fun!” Exclaimed Nadia.

Inside the room, Haya and Zayer were grabbed by two huge men. The other one was standing beside Faria. Zayer was actually just glaring at Faria while Haya continued to boil Faria’s blood further.

“You should have just listened to me Zayer. We would have gotten married tomorrow and your Samreen would have been fine. But No! You never listen to me. Now what? Huh? Now you are here and you are still marrying me and I am going to hurt Samreen too.”

“I will kill you. You even look at her and I will kill you.” Zayer seethed in anger.

“Oh really? And how are you going to do that? Because you are captured and I am the one with power here.”

And right then, Amaan opened the door and threw in firecrackers. Faria again bawled as the crackers were close to her. She screamed and in a hustle bustle, she fell down on her face. The two guards holding Haya and Zayer were distracted and the siblings lunged on them. Haya punched him, making Amaan smile proudly. She then took his gun. Zayer had also managed to pin the man to the ground and he was already on top of him and disfiguring his face.

“Zayer stop!” Samreen screamed and ran to him. The fire crackers were still going and the smoke filled the room. Samreen reached Zayer and stopped him by holding his fisted hand. Zayer snapped out of the trance and when his eyes locked with Samreen’s, he calmed down a bit. Samreen quickly took that guy’s gun and helped Zayer to stand up.

“Are you Ok?” Zayer asked

She nooded.

Soon the door opened again. The police walked in and arrested everyone including Faria who was still fuming in anger. When everything was fine, all cousins went downstairs. The continuous banging on the door of a room downstairs reminded Amaan of the evil couple he had locked. He opened the door and the old couple looked shocked at the scene in front of them.

“What happened?” Zayer’s Uncle asked.

“We sent your daughter to jail. That’s what happened.” Haya said

“What? How could you do this?” Yelled Faria’s mother

“I don’t know. Its just that we thought kidnapping someone was a crime.” Zayer replied

“It is. In human world. We don’t know the rules of your world though.” Haya added.

“How disrespectful are you young lady” said Faria’s Father

“I am sorry if I don’t go around giving respect to people who don’t deserve it” Haya spat back

“Should we stop them from arguing?” Samar whispered in Amaan’s ear.

“Just wait. I trust my wife. Its gonna get better.” Amaan whispered back.

“Don’t you dare talk to me like this!”

“Well then tell me sir how do people talk in your world? By tying one to the chair like your daughter did with Samreen? I can do that too.”

“You…I don’t have to talk to you. You all better get my daughter out of jail. You Zayer! Did you hear me?”

“Excuse me but I am still talking. I still don’t know how your kind talks.”

“Stop saying that. I am a human”

“Oh really? Do you know what is the basic requirement for passing as human?”

He didn’t answer.

“Didn’t think so.” Haya continued.

“Now i see you want your daughter out of human jail, and you will have her back but we have a condition.” Haya said

“What? What are you doing Haya?” Zayer frowned

“Relax. I know what I am doing.”

“What is it?” Asked Faria’s Father.

“You are going to sell your shares in the company back to Zayer because that company is his.” Haya said and looked at Zayer who smiled

“What? That’s not possible.”

“You know what Uncle? I suggest we go through paperwork quickly. Have papers made and stuff. Because unless the shares are on Zayer’s name, your daughter is going to rot in jail.”

He fumed in anger just like Faria.

“Think about it huh?”

“And yeah I will have papers made. Ok? Tomorrow you choose. The company or your daughter.” Zayer said

“This is so cool!” Amreen exclaimed.

“Told you this is going to get better.” Amaan said and walked to Haya to stand beside her. Haya slipped her arm around Amaan and he pulled her closer to him.

“Well played boxer.”

“Now why don’t you two get out of this house?” Nadia’s Father said.

Faria’s parents left fuming and begrudgingly. They may love money, but they loved their daughter more.

“We all should leave too now. Samreen’s parents are really worried.” Zayer said.

“I should call them.” Samreen said. Zayer offered her phone and Samreen went aside to make the call.

“Uncle I think you all should come with us too. I don’t think you should stay here tonight.”

“Yes dad. We should. And Haya is so cool. And she is my cousin. I regret not knowing you from childhood.” Numaan said.

“Well we can get to know each other now.”

Everyone agreed and locked the house behind before leaving.

“Hey what happened to Nadir?”

“We tied him to the chair.” Nameer said

“Yeah we should go and untie him.” Amreen said

Nameer and Amreen left in one car, Nadia and her family in another car and Amaan, Haya, Samreen and Zayer left in Zayer’s car. Zayer and Samreen hadn’t talked at all. Zayer decided to talk tomorrow as Samreen seemed real tired. Amaan was driving with Haya in a shotgun seat. Zayer and Samreen were sitting in the back. Zayer’s eyes fell on Samreen’s wrists and he noticed the red marks.

“What…What is that?” Zayer asked

Samreen looked at her wrists and started pulling at her sleeves to hide them. “Nothing. Its because of the ropes.”

“I am sorry.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“No it was.”

“Well then if you are sorry and I am sorry too, can’t we just both forgive each other?”

___________________________