Chapter 35: It was Real

Start from the beginning

I examined the gun and it really looked similar. Heck, if I'm feeling bold, I could say it's the same exact gun that's on the computer.

"Portal gun? That's a weird name for a gun." I said, observing the gun but without touching it.

"Expensive requirements? Impossible to finish? What kind of gun is this?" George asked. "I believe it does not shoot bullets like how normal guns work."

We read the next description.

Serum: The serum is 100% working! I've finally cracked its code. It was very expensive to make but it was very worth it. The experience, it was very indescribable. Couldn't believe I could go back. Too bad it's only a one time use. Atleast I know how to make it again.

We looked at the image of the serum and it was the all-too-familiar green liquid in a jar.

"Experience? Expensive? Whoever owns this hotel is probably a billionaire. The gold embroidered hotel and countless diamonds are proof." George stated. "Unless they are not talking about money."

Remnant + MA: It's my first original discovery that I'm really proud of. Without it, I couldn't make the serum and the portal gun. Even though I did not enjoy the process of extracting it, it's all still in the name of science.

George and I shared a confused and disturbed look. How did this person extract it?

This is getting weirder and weirder. There was another folder named "Theories". I opened it.

From what I believe, there is someone roaming in this world, pure magical affinity in their bloodstream. It is not given by their parents nor is a disorder but a gift. 99% of these people that has these gifts don't even know it. Unfortunately for me, I do not possess this gift. But I will do my best to find this gift of the DoT/GoT. Then I will be able to control almost everything. I'm almost there.

"This someone...pure magical affinity..." George said, pointing at me. "I-It's you!"

I opened my mouth to say something but no words would come out. I was speechless.

I feel like I'm starting to slowly discover the truth about myself. I can't help but feel guilty. It's all really my fault, isn't it?

I don't know what this person means about magical affinity. Is it real magic? Like fantasy magic? Witchcraft? Or is it a figurative term that I'm too dumb to understand? All I know is that they are after me.

Everyone that's linked to me is in danger. Bad's disappearance was my fault!

Wait...

"Dream, look out!" George shouted.

I turned around to see someone by the doorway, holding a gun straight for my chest.

I didn't have any time to react, I was in a state of panic and shock. A loud bang resonated across the room, filling my ears with a ringing sound, I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes and looked down at my chest that was still intact.

Wait, this is familiar.

I swiftly turned to look at George that was clutching his stomach, blood uncontrollably gushing out of it.

He fell to the floor, coughing up blood.

Tears didn't threaten to leak out of my eyes, tears bursted out of my eyes without a warning.

I kneeled by George's side, cradling him in my arms as hot salty tears flowed out from my eyes like a waterfall.

"I t-told you, d-didn't I, Dream? T-That I would p-protect you first. E-Even if it meant t-taking a bullet f-for you." He whispered, struggling to speak as blood trickled down from the corners of his lips.

"George, p-please don't leave me! Live for me! I love you so much! P-Please, George!" I cried in pain as I gripped onto his shirt tightly, clinging onto him for dear life.

He giggled despite the pain. "I love you too, Dream." His grip on my hand weakened and at last, he closed his eyes, releasing his last breath.

"N-No..." I whispered. My voice, my soul and my heart all broken.

Unlike the nightmares I had, I can't wake up from this one.

A blaze of anger suddenly ruptured inside of me. I looked up to the man by the doorway and the face that greeted me was someone I couldn't believe I saw.

"..Skeppy!?"

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

Author's POV

Static.